Yarcraft boats

• daved
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada

I am considering a new boat for 2004 and am very interested in Yarcraft’s 1895 Storm BT to replace my 1996 Crestliner but since there aren’t many Yarcrafts up here in Saskatchewan I would appreciate comments from anyone with experience in these boats.

They look like a good well thought out boat and are one of the few big tillers.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ve heard that they do keep you very dry. The boat pushes the waves out away from the boat when you are cruising across the lake. From sitting in a few and reading the specs, they are not as wide as comparible models of other brands. I think the one you are interested in is wider than the smaller models and is similar to the competition. I don’t see too many on the water, but there is one lake I fish in southern MN that has quite a few on it all the time.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

James ~H2O~ Holst may chime in here as I know he ran that boat and gave YarCraft a thumbs up when I was looking at them in 2001. I purchased the 1785 Wrangler SC and am 100% satisfied with the boat and company.

These boats have a soft, dry ride. And as you mentioned, a well thought out interior design. YarCraft will be at the top of my list of boats next time I go shopping…which will not be anytime soon!

Jon J.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That big Yar-Craft tiller was a fantastic boat. The driest, smoothest ride of any boat I’ve been in to-date including the Rangers. Huge rod lockers. Very well laid out interior. An awesome back troller. The only negatives with this boat in mind mind was the cost… about 3 or 4 years ago Yar- craft got REAL proud of their rigs and the prices jumped rapidly each season and priced most of us cost aware types right out of the market. When I was looking to get into a console boat the Storm wasn’t even an option for me.

IF you can swing it, you’ll love these boats.

eye1000us
    East Bethel ,MN

I have a 2001 1895BT W/125 Merc.I really am happy with it.Rides well , has a ton of storage and is laid out very nicely for my style of fishing.When I was in the market I looked at all of em and this one fit me better then any of the others out there at the time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.