Casting/butt seat

• erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Hey…first off whats the standard height for a pedistal for a casting seat? Also my next question where is the best place to go about finding a good deal on one!?

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Cabelas. But you will have to replace the base. You’ve got a Fishawk, right?? I called C-liner. Over $300.00 for matching butt seat. Said no thanks and got setup for right at a hondo from Cabelas.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Ya I have the Fish Hawk still…..whats the reasoning for having to replace the base might I ask? Crestliner only have that base I assume

chappy
    Hastings, MN

I don’t think they make them short enough for you to use!

kooty
    Keymaster

The bases in my 03 were not compatible with any butt seat pedestals at Cabelas, BassPro or Gander at the time. It took 5 minutes to change if I ever wanted the chair back up there. About once every year I switched it out.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Tried a lot of different models, have this one now and will never have another kind.

Seat

-J.

LeonHoule
    Minnesota

I have the same one recommended by Jon Jordan for sale. It is in the Fishing Equipment classifieds of IDO listed as bow pedestal. It’s about half price if you bought it from Cabela’s.. It’s called a control post by springfield. See the classified…

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

I have the same one recommended by Jon Jordan for sale. It is in the Fishing Equipment classifieds of IDO listed as bow pedestal. It’s about half price if you bought it from Cabela’s.. It’s called a control post by springfield. See the classified…

I have a link to your add in my first reply.

jldii

OK!

I’m going to be the ‘s advocate here! Why switch out a seat base to accomodate a butt seat?? Butt seats are very uncomfortable, and not used all that often, and very seldom have I seen reason that a butt seat was needed instead of a regular seat on a higher post.

Save the time and money and just get an air ride pedestal that is a little longer than the ones you normally use. When you want to use the bow, sit in the more comfortable seat, and it fits all the other seat bases in your boat in case you want to move it around.

kooty
    Keymaster

That’s a great option too. I just like standing up when I’m on the trolling motor, especially when I’m casting.

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

i have a hunch for now i am going to leave it empty up there anyways by the sounds of it. Think of all the baits i could buy with the extra money. i will put one in enentually but for now i might just leave it be. Thanks for all the input…excluding Chappy his input is..well…hot air

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.