Question for everybody

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I was saving this question for valentines day.

I was on the P4 ice last weekend with a buddy of mine and he looks over to me and asks ” Why do you love fishing so much ? Whats your drive your passion ? Why do you fish so much ? ” and my reply was ” I just love catching fish . My drive and passion is the hunt for the big fish and the absolute adrenaline rush when you hook into that big piggy wether it be a big walleye, a huge cat, monster crappies and gills, big northern or whatever. The satisfaction of boating a big fish after a long vigorus fight.

So my question to you all this valentines day is :

” Why do you love fishing so much? “

adam dungan
    Two Harbors

The time outside, being with family, the sport of it, and last I would have to say the food. Happy Valentines day everybody.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I like light chocolate!

DrewH
    s/w WI.

The chase for the big ones, a meal, sunrises, new waters to try, research and plotting to fool’m, new lures that work, the oohs and ahs from fellow anglers on the pics and the bs sharing and new people you meet on the water or ice.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Pure solitude of it and the comradery of meeting other fisherpersons

packingheat
    Reads Landing Mn

I’m not into video games and they’re so tasty

stuart
    Mn.

It makes me happy.

Bob Gordon
    Washington,IL

It’s time with my Grandson !! Plus my friends .

Ron Johnsen
    Platteville wi

Just being out there with a chance for a pig is a bonus

btomlin
    Albia, IA

cuz I suck at golf……luckily!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

comradery of meeting other fisherpersons

I agree

illiniwalli
    WC Illinois

just being in the great outdoors and sharing the boat with other fishers.
    and those days when everything falls into place.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

Quote:

” Why do you love fishing so much? ”

It gives me time away from the wife! Seriously the relaxation of the whole experience

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I like the challenge of getting on a body of water and figuring out how to catch the fish. And when they don’t cooperate I like to try and figure out why. Its a never-ending puzzle with tons of variables. It just never gets old!

dd

gchen53081

I enjoy the moment of tight line, plus the wife loves eating fish.

ms75449
    Lake City, MN

It’s how I meditate. After fishing, I’m relaxed and even recharged.

mstrumar

There is nothing better than the calmness I feel while sitting near the water or on the water, plus meeting new people is GREAT, trying new things taught by new friends is the best.

clarence_chapman
    Hastings, MN Lake Isabel activist

Ok I admit it
    It’s the bikini’s in the passing boats…..

Except of coarse when the better half is with. Then it’s the company I keep.. How’s that for a valentine day cover my ???

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

No TVs, internet, cells, etc.

What I ask myself is why I fish for eyes when bass are so much easier to catch.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I love fishing so much because it gives me something to do when I’m not hunting

chappy
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I like light chocolate!

So do alot of women! What makes you so special Cupcake?

Batman09
    Michigan

Pretty much everything about it. It’s different every time. Sometimes you’re alone, sometimes your with family or friends. Sometimes everything is in place and everything is biting. Other times you’d almost wish you would have stayed home…. But then you wouldn’t be fishing if you stayed home so you tuff it out and deal with the headache, numb fingers, wet feet, and tangled lines.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Quote:

Pretty much everything about it. It’s different every time. Sometimes you’re alone, sometimes your with family or friends. Sometimes everything is in place and everything is biting. Other times you’d almost wish you would have stayed home…. But then you wouldn’t be fishing if you stayed home so you tuff it out and deal with the headache, numb fingers, wet feet, and tangled lines.

Well said Phishook!! Don’t forget that fresh air is great for your overall health!!

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

being with good friends,family,seeing all of goods creation,a beer in my hand and a bend in my rod!

roosterrouster
    Inactive
    The "IGH"...

Hey…They taste yummy! RR

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I love the intervals between fish. The eagles and waterfowl flying by, the animals on shore, the passing clouds….and then the anticipation of the next bite, and then it’s tap, tap, tap…..fish on!

Eric

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

when i first saw this question my though was dah! but then i got thinking about it, i realy didn’t have an answer right away. so i’ve been thinkig about it for a couple days and i’m still not sure. is it the comeradity? i don’t think so, i fish alone more then with someone. is it because i like to eat fish? no because i rarely keep fish besides fish tastes fishy. is it the thrill of catching fish? maybe but i don’t think so, there are times i just don’t want to be bothered by fish. maybe part of it is i’ve been fishing my whole life and just except it as something i do. i don’t know.
    so lets recap here
    1)i fish alone a lot
    2)i don’t keep fish because i don’t really like fish
    3)i don’t care if i catch fish or not
    the only thing i can think of is it’s the water, i like being on the water. and fishing is just an excuse.
    ya thats it, it’s the water.
    thats my story and i’m sticking to it. boy do i feel better now.

thanks for the help
    SLACK

molitor

Fishing is like a habit for me… I’ve been doing it since i can even remember. even got those pics from my ma of me fishing with my disney rod in puddles… plus it really takes me away from the real world….

Jon Stevens
    Northfield, Wi

Thrill of the chase. Obviously I love the catch too, but the physical and mental preperation before and during every trip and the success (or not) drives me. Same reason I love bow hunting….

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I love the challenge of dominating a body of water my first time out, figuring out what works and what doesn’t.

Most importantly i enjoy the friends i’ve made doing it. Some of my best memories ever have come when fishing with friends.

I fish incredibly intensely when I fish alone, but then i like to relax when fishing with freinds (even though they still think i’m going at it intensely!) Where’s Waldo can agree that i like to relax when i sleep with people!

Another thing i love about fishing is being able to use my knowledge and take my friends out put them on fish.

I’m getting pumped already for soft water!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.