pelican lake

• iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

i read a forum on fishing on pelican lake with several responses pointing towards lake problems,draining or renovating .my father in law booked a cabin on pelican lake and announced when i would be on vacation this year.the one i will be on is in the brainard area,i would greatly appreciate any tips on this lake or information on if this lake will have problems this year.we will be there the first week of august,mainly fishing walleyes and panfish.i understand there are other good lakes near by if anyone has any better lake choices for that time of the year.i am very unfamiliar with this area and any tips would surely be helpful. thanks,greg

jasono00
    cities

the pelican lake u are hearing about is in the metro area of the twin cities.

Derek Hanson

The Pelican Lake that has all the issues is by Annandale. The Pelican Lake near Brainerd has no issues as it is a big healthy lake with a lot of deep water. August is a tough time of year to target walleyes. I might recommend fishing at night that time of year for walleyes. Good luck!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Quote:

The Pelican Lake that has all the issues is by Annandale. The Pelican Lake near Brainerd has no issues as it is a big healthy lake with a lot of deep water. August is a tough time of year to target walleyes. I might recommend fishing at night that time of year for walleyes. Good luck!

Beautiful area I love it when I get up there

jasono00
    cities

the pelican lake u have been reading about is in the twin cities metro area if u are going to the brainard lakes area u are all good. most lkes in this area are really good.

Josh Runksmeier
    Pequot Lakes, MN

At that time of year for walleyes alot of people troll cranks at night. Or do the slip bobber thing. It is a vary clear lake too. Don’t over look the pannies.

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

thanks for the info guys,ill try night trolling,and try to keep my pelicans straight

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.