Thanks! On Pool 4

• Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

Sometimes we look for the negatives and overlook the good side of people. Here’s my story.. I decided to hit pool 4 Tuesday even though it was a 3 plus hour trip and I knew the winds would be tough (gusts 40+) I have had my boat in inside storage and on a trickle charger and because some of you will ask I had put sea foam in the extra gas. Anyway stopped in and talked to Dean and was excited to fish as usual. I got the boat ready, backed her down ahh it’s in the water. 3 young men also just put thier boat in, were started and ready to go. Since I was by myself they kindly offered to help either launch my boat or park the truck. I appreciated the offer, even though I’ve done this hundreds of times, the wind was blowing towards the bait shop (instead of out of it when BK and Dean are there) I tried starting the boat, not much was happening. These 3 guys still waited. Checked power and other things and still couldn’t get the big motor started. They had a spare charged battery that they offered a stranger (me) and it allowed me to get my 9.9 yamaha started. They said just leave it by the truck when I was done. After about fifteen or more minutes I finally had to tell these guys to go fish. I’m not sure of there names but one was an IDO member and I believe his name was Doug or better known as BigTuna. Thank you guys for your help and God BLess!

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

That was awfully nice of them for sure! Now if they had know they were helping out a future professional carp angler….

Doug Bonwell
    Cedar Falls IA

I did catch a sturgen and a couple of dinks. I was disappointed in not finding the carp I was targeting!!!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Great story!! Most generally outdoorsmen are pretty good about helping each other out.

muskyman
    Arkansaw, Wisconsin

I remember a time in late March or early April when the rollers were all the way up, and everyone was stacked on the right side by the dam. I ran out of minnows late afternoon, and so I didn’t lose my spot a fellow angler offered to run all the way down to Dean’s with his boat and bring me back some bait only hours after we had first met on the water, (I won’t mention any names Waldo). What goes around comes around Doug There are still good people out there!

iansdad123
    waterloo,ia

maybe ya had a bad spalding valve??!!i finally figured out how to login to the sight,we’ll get you on the carp this year bud..hope you had coffee creamer

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Welcome to In-Depth Outdoors gregeye78!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Welcome to IDO Greg!

I was out fishing on the pontoon last fall…believe it or not, I forgot my stink bait. I called Dean to see if I had left it in the bait shop or I just couldn’t find it on the toon. Sure enough, fifteen minutes later a boat pulls up with my extra stink!

Only the best launch out of Everts!

….btw…

Quote:

instead of out of it when BK and Dean are there

Surly you’re confusing me with Redneck.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Surly you’re confusing me with Redneck.

redneck
    Rosemount

Hey, how did I get drug into this? I’m innocent—as usual

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.