What are you thankful for this season?

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I know we’re all thankful for family and loved ones and such ……………… but what are you most thankful for from this past open water season?

I guess I’d like to start with the ARM experience from this year’s event. Amazing hearts, giving souls, and altogether inspiring. All the dedication and donation of all those involved is truly inspiring and the reaction of the children…………..truly rewarding!

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’m always thankfull this time of year as the open water (Lake) boating season comes to a close and I put my summer boat away without any major damage! No blow outs, dock rash, wrecked props, motor problems or scraped up hull! Just real nice to have her all cleaned up and sitting in the garage till spring.

Also thankfull to have the winter beater ready for all the great winter river fishing we have now till spring!

Especially thankful for all the new people I have met on this site whom I now call friends!

Jon J.

herb
    6ft under

Most thankfull for the 3 trips to Red Wing and pool 4 this year, and the people who went with me and the ones I got to meet while I was there. These were my first trips up there but, it definatley won’t be the last.

bigdog1
    NW Wisconsin

i am thankful to have caught 10 muskies this year, and the knowlege i have gained making the transition from 100% river fishing to lake fishing, (although the river is still tops)
    I am also thankful for my health, in being able to go out fishing, i work with people with disabilities so my awareness to the simple things such as being able to walk is elavated

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I’m most thankful for having my last deer hunt with my father of 79 years. He has claimed that this is his last year. With that, my brother, and 3 of my father’s grandchildren also have gone.

It has been a great hunt, and we will be done this Sunday. Hopefully with a few more deer to bag.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

There are too many things to list but a couple are:
    To have a wonderful family to spend the holidays with. The unbelievable experience of the ARM event this summer, it was one of the most fulfilling things I have ever done and am looking forward to next year. The great people that I have met through this site. The wonderful outdoor experiences on the river, favorite lakes and in the woods.
    Finally the biggest thing for this last year, I am thankful I was in the right place at the right time to pull a woman from the waters of pool 2 just before she drown.
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!!!
    See you on the river….maybe even this weekend!!!
    John

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Many things. One I share (kinda) with Gary is having had many opportunities to share the boat with my 79 year old father this year. We even got my 18 year old son out with us a couple of times. I hope to be thankful for that again next year.

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

And, I’m thankful to have been able to share some of the time when I’ve supposed to have been working sharing this great space on the internet with all of you guys!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m most thankful for many of the same things as you, family, friends and my health. As for fishing, I’m just thankful I finally have a boat so I’m not mooching rides off my friends anymore. Plus the “name” they called me wasn’t very nice.

Happy T-day all.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Waterfowler…you can mooch a ride in the Ranger anytime…just bring the cooler and I promise I won’t call you any names at least nothing that isn’t true.
    Happy Thanksgiving, let’s chase some eyes….SOON!

crossin_eyes
    Lakeville, MN

I’m thankful for all the great people and friends I’ve met here on In-Depthangling.com!
    And Waterfowler….boat or no boat…you’re still the bait b**ch!!!

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey Kid..
    My # one thing I’m grateful for..My health..
    I’m glad to be here..
    Number one thing in Fishing the Super Doo

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Im grateful for my family and friends and our health. The nice surroundings we all live by and the choice to make free decesions. Happy thanksgiving everyone

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Aside from the all important Family and friends I am thankful that we live in a country where we can still pursue our hunting and fishing traditions regardless of our monetary stations in life and I hope to God that it stays that way. Happy T day folks!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Yellow Dog, you nailed my thoughts exacly!

Many times since 9/11, I’ve looked at the hills, bluffs ect on the St Croix and Miss, and said “how lucky am I?!” It’s an amazing time to be alive. Just have to stop, look around and reflect on the way it was…or the way it could be, to know that we all have much to be thankful for!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

The Lord, family, friends [which includes everyone on this site/message board], health, this site and freedom. We are so lucky to be living in America instead of other parts of this world. And to make it even better we have so many bodies of water to fish in the midwest. Thanks, Bill

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I am thankful for many things, most the love and support from a wonderful women. thanks for the Military for providing us the freedom within our country to persue and live to our hearts desires. Thankful for the many friends I’ve had the pleasure to share a boat with this year, and for catching many big fish. thanks for the Group here, new friends and sharing experiences. Life is GOOD. Jack..

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

the thing that i am most thankful for is the fact that i have a family now, I have a healthy baby boy that someday soon i will be sharing the lords beautiful mornings with while we are out fishing watching the sun rise or sun set. showing him what it is that makes fishing so addicting, catching fish is just a bonus, but being outside and taking in all that the world has to offer is great. I am also thankful for this website, where else could someone like me go on and ramble and people will read it. ha ha ha

I sure hope that everyone had a safe and great thanksgiving, I know i did.

shane

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.