more ducks ran over

• poundingeyes
    Chetek, WI

This is ridiculous! And a blow the the good reputation of all the snowmobilers who ride responsibly. I don’t get it…

Prestige
    Elgin, MN

Quote:

This is ridiculous! And a blow the the good reputation of all the snowmobilers who ride responsibly. I don’t get it…

This year has been bad for the reputation with the amount of stories like this.

And with all the time and money that is spent on trail systems, as well as the many landowners that allow trails across their property, its to bad that a few could screw all that up.

Batman09
    Michigan

riding across water, in the dark, through ducks….

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

its just a short matter of time before someone this stupid gets a penalty much worse than the law would give….. and probably win a darwin award in the process….

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

I’m not defending these guys but, if I was going across water in the dark on a snowmobile(I hate water skipping)and the same thing happened to me. It would be awfully hard to see the ducks until it was too late. If I did see the ducks, it would be awfully hard to avoid them and I’m most likely not going to get off the throttle and probably would have hit them also. Sad but true, but not many options there possibly.

I do not know the whole story but the end result is still wrong. However, they may not of had much of a choice at that time. If they come forward, admit to it, said it was not intentional and they are sorry, I would let them off easy. Just my $.02.

Things happen quickly on a snowmobile, especially in the dark. I don’t think we should hang these guys until the whole story is known if this was intentional or not. THe flip side is: They could of gotten off the throtttle avoided the ducks and put themselves and their machines in the icy, freezing water and drowned. Then we would be looking at a even bigger tragedy in my mind.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m sure this has happened a million times. Its just being reported now. Once again the media deciding what we should think and be concerned about.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

yeah.. I can see this happening accidentally… it could happen……locals would know ducks are there and the open water too… I think anyone skipping water in the dark is into taking risks that will sooner or later kill them… which I guess is what I meant…. if someone did this accidentally and came forward then I would be in favor of going easy on them… if someone was intent on slaughter (and just how would we know?) that would be different… as for the media… they may or may not have an agenda… but Im in favor of the publicity if it limits this sort of thing… on the other hand… maybe its triggering a binge of copycats… either thing has been known to happen… so I dont think they should spend TOO much time covering it… or make TOO big a deal… some people will do anything for attention… lets face it.. this is probably something that is fairly easy to get away with… that is of course unless someone sets up a camera trap or two… some of them also can trigger alarms… almost for sure the guy who did it will come back and see what they did…. wisdom is probably not a strong point here.. chance are they will circle… come back and survey the carnage… even if it was accidental….

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Why go easy on them even if it was an accident? I don’t see the reasoning there. They accidentally committed a crime in the process of deliberately committing another crime. I don’t see how you can let them off easy.

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

I am not a sled rider, but I don’t think skipping water is a crime in WI.

FDR

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I don’t know if skipping is a crime in WI??

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Sorry, my bad. I thought it was in MN like the previous one.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.