Will the Steelers…..

• jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Ok, a little pre-game prognostication. I’m leaning to take the Steelers to win and cover the 7. Who’s your pick?

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

I think the Steelers will win, but i’ll be pulling for Warner and the Cards! GO UNI grad and former Des Moines, IA Barnstormer Kurt Warner!!!!

Brian Robinson
    central Neb

I think the Steelers will win, but I’m not sure they’ll cover, although that’s the way I voted. I can see it being a low-scoring game when the Steelers’ D takes over. Plus, the Cards are traveling a long ways east, and they usually don’t do too well when they do that. No west coast teams do, really. Ya, I know, they beat Carolina….but the Steelers don’t have Jake Delhomme to hand em the game again.

rmartin
    United States

I do not think the traveling east issue will matter as the game is on neutral ground and the Cards have 2 weeks to prepare instead of 1. I am sure that they will make the trek east in plenty of time to acclimate to the time zone change. That being said, I like Arizona who have gotten the whole team playing well when they needed to and seem to be peaking at the right time.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Steelers defense is tough but I think it thrives in late Nov. and December in those cold weather games in Pitt. This will be warm neutral turf in Tampa. I pick the Steelers to win but not cover. The cards have surprised three times already.

ET

Whiskerkev
    Madison

When good offense meets good defense, defense usually wins especially if they have ball control running attack.

swimingjig
    Waumandee, WI

I think it is going to be a great game. Cards 24 Pitt. 17

oldrat
    Upper Midwest

sorry but the Cards will win.. no one on this earth believes this.. but the Cards will win. its gonna happen.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I voted the Steelers will lose outright. Based only on my hopes the Cards can get a win their first time through. Truth is I really like both teams in the SB this year and look forward to a great game. I like both QBs, both coaches, and the way they played to get to where they are. Not really a bad thing about either teams for a change. I’m stoked for a great game!

big_g
    Isle, MN

I am with Ratt, we haven’t seen a decent game in years… oh except for last year…

big G

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

When good offense meets good defense, defense usually wins especially if they have ball control running attack.

Right on bro. I voted the Steelers to lose outright only cause i’m pulling for the Cards in a big way. I hate defense! I think those teams are more boring than watching a bass fisherman catch a fish on every cast. what?? Anyhoo. We have Baltimore,Tampa,Pitt, and NY that have already won with defense so that’s enough for this decade! GO CARDS!

rmartin
    United States

If you have already voted, how can you view the results at a later date without stuffing the ballot box?

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

personally I thought the eagles would slaughter the cards.. but they took them for granted and it cost them… even then they SHOULD have won.. but the cards found enough heart to win and go the the SB… my hats off to them… that being said… they will be KILLED by the steelers… Im afraid Warner might not survive the game.. and there will be NO running against the steelers… Warner is not quick or mobile and will not be given enough time in the pocket to do what he does so well… the cards defense will hold for a while.. but this is going to be a war and when the dust clears its the steelers holding all the “cards”…..

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Finally Ken, something we can agree on! Now, how do you like the over-under set at 46 1/2? I like the under with a final score of 34-10 Steelers.

-J.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Quote:

If you have already voted, how can you view the results at a later date without stuffing the ballot box?

If you are on a different computer, the poll will not “see” the cookie that saved your vote. So, you will need to vote again to see the results.

-J.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

kewl.. we had to agree on something someday!.. lol…
    Id take the under both defenses will play hard.. the steelers offense probaly wont be able to get a big lead and sit on it to force defensive turnovers and a high scoring game… so if I was a betting man.. Id take the steelers to win for sure.. and probably cover.. I feel better about it being an under…

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

Steelers 34 Cards 17. You are all delusional.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I don’t have a horse in the race other than rooting for Tomlin. Another great coach who has slipped through the MN system.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Steelers 34 Cards 17. You are all delusional.

Cards 21-Steelers 14. ONly cause I have 1 for the Cards and 4 for the Steelers

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Finally Ken, something we can agree on! Now, how do you like the over-under set at 46 1/2? I like the under with a final score of 34-10 Steelers.

-J.

That sounds about right. The Cards will be killed. I doubt they are in the game past the first quarter. I also like the under, once the Steelers get the lead they will chew up the clock the their running game.
    My two cents.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I like the Steelers to win, but I like the under. I think both teams will stall after great defensive play.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.