Tied for 2nd in State!!!!!!!

• Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Not me… I just need to brag about my oldest, Lindsey and her dance team. This is how I spend part of the off season. Chasing around the state, sitting in Field houses, watching hundreds of young ladies dance to music I can’t stand – LOL

We just got back from State Comps in Stevens Point. They followed up their 2008 Jazz 1st Place finish with a 2009 (tied :-/ ) for 2nd place finish for their Jazz routine.

Lindsey was recognized by her coach at the ceramony following for her Team Leadership, Animations (facial & body expressions for you non-dancers) and the White Elephant award “Break-a-leg” for her frequent ability to get minor injuries.

Very proud of her as you can tell. At almost 14, she is understanding the importance of team work, dedication, hard work, extra effort, and most of all, inspiring her team mates to contribute at a higher level.

Proud she acts like a Minni-Dad! Below is a team shot of one of the qualifing events where they took a 1st in Jazz and 3rd in Pom

fishbizbob

Randy,

Congrats on your daughters great showing!! I too am a “Dance DAD”, I have 3 daughters all whom dance and 2 who dance competitively. My middle, age 13, spends 20+ hours a week at the studio and loves every minute of it. People who aren’t involved in dance have no idea the amount of time commitment, energy, and dedication it takes for these girls to get ready for these competitions.
    It’s a great confidence, self-esteem booster for these young girls.
    Anyways don’t mean to ramble, just wanted to congratulate you and your Daughter and let you know there are many of us Proud “Dance Dads” out here.

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

Congratulations from another dance dad! My girls also dance competitively and their competitions always seem to bump against the fishing openers . What’s a good dad to do……dance.

Every other year our dance studio does a dad/daughter dance at the recitals. So, at both my daughters encouragement, I’ll be making my dance debut this spring.

Congratulations again, its fun to see your kids do well in whatever it is they enjoy doing.

Eric

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Cougareye, your a better man than I. I don’t dance, won’t dance, she can’t make me dance

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Congratulations Lindsey, and continued Success !!!!!
    Jack

SLACK
    HASTINGS, MN

congratulations to them, being a former dance dad (12 yrs) i never missed a compatition and yes some times it seemed like it was at the worst time running all over creation for them. but now that she’s all grow’d up and off to collage i’ve realized that there are still fish in the lake, birds on the wing, and game on the hoof, and that i missed nothing. i wouldn’t trade those days for anything.

ole1855

Congrat’s to your daughter and her dance team from another….former dance Dad!! My daughter was part of the Burnsville HS dance team that won the MN HS State Championship all 3 years she was there, 01, 02 & 03.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.