Crows!!!!

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Did anyone else see the thousands of crows that decended on downtown MPLS last night about 5:30???
    I have NEVER seen anything like it!!!

Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

I see a ton heading from what looks like the Pigs Eye area in St Paul and going west every evining at work.

burbob
    Hastings,MN

Thats what happens when we leave H-town on a GL Wednesday

We better stay inside next week for safety reasons

By the way were is the pic of Sauger in his new ride

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

kewl… if it keeps up I will have to get into a photo position.. events like that are spectacularly rare

burbob
    Hastings,MN

It scared the sh** out of Ritter

Waxy
    Calgary, AB

Maybe they’re shooting an Alfred Hitchcock remake…

Waxy

Jami Ritter
    Hastings, MN

Quote:

Yes it did, I’ve never seen that many crows all congregating in one spot… Good thing the FORD didn’t die on the way up…..

Jami

mrwalleye
    MN

I think the star trib or one of the TV stations did a story on that last year,
    it has something to do with hunting pressure and that they feel safe in the city

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

Yes it did, I’ve never seen that many crows all congregating in one spot… Good thing the FORD didn’t die on the way up…..

Jami

It almost did

Tom P.
    Whitehall Wi.

Good reason to hunt them they are one of the main carrieries of West Nile sleeping sickness. I shoot everyone I see and can reach with my 223.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

Tom,
    I will help your cause.
    Going .223 shopping—will a 22-250 work just as good?
    Thinking a mini-14 with a 20 shot clip-great for walking the bullets in.

Jeremy
    Repowering will be complete this weekend.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

That’s pretty normal this time of year down there. …I’m not sure why though. Rochester seems to have a lot of them around that area too.
    They’re always safe until March in MN. The hunting season starts then. My crow call is fully charged and ready to go. ….Some of the best shoot’in ever is yet to come!!

walleye_wisdom
    Big Sky Country Helena, MT (Adel, IA home)

One night a few years ago the crows decided to roost in a large evergreen tree that towers over a very popular sidewalk that leads to the bars here at UNI. Well my buddies and sat and watched people get crapped on as they went to the bars, it was really really funny. All these girls a dressed up, and they get crapped on. We saw at least 10-12 people get hit.

They are thick in Ames, IA too at the Iowa State campus. The Ames area actually sponsored a crow hunt a few years ago, just outside city limits.

mrwalleye
    MN

did it look like this

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

it must have looked more like this.. but with crows instead of snows…

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Do you think this has anything to do with the fact that roadkill is nearly impossible for crows this year?? Take into account that the ditches are 5 feet high with all the snow and rodents/little animals don’t even get the chance to get hit…………………………and when they do, it snows again and the plows scrape and cover them up almost instantly! I was thinking about this the other day and thought that it must be a hard time for crows right now,,hunting should be good!

Anyhooo, maybe they herd up and hit the metro areas where they’re more likely to find scraps and such from humans???? I may be a crow genius!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Quote:

did it look like this

Nate, like that x10,000. I am not kidding. Strangest thing I ever saw.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

yeah I gotta see that.. one of the kewlest things like that I saw was in Alburqugue NM last year…. I was driving through bout sunset and there was a brush fire along the rio grande… and it scared up thousands of crows and they were milling around in the fire and smoke and it was all colored with a brilliant NM sunset… I was on the interstate and there was LE everywhere so I couldnt stop and get a shot… but it was amazing…

Castaway
    Otsego,MN

Maybe they were just getting back from the anauguration Im just kidding.If this sounds to bad you can delete it.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Why wait until March. The regs say you can take them out anytime if they are causing damage or about to cause damage. I didn’t like the way they were looking at my garden, grass, bird feeder, ………

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

It’s called a ‘murder’. They flock in the cities when it gets colder, the city is a microclimate that tends to be a bit warmer.

splitshot
    Rosemount, MN

Quote:

Why wait until March. The regs say you can take them out anytime if they are causing damage or about to cause damage. I didn’t like the way they were looking at my garden, grass, bird feeder, ………

They’re always causing – or about to cause damage – in my book!! BUT,… when you are dressed in winter cammo and have the crow call going wide-open, they may (DNR) frown on the idea of purposely drawing them in “to cause damage.”

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.