They caught them!!

• jimmy wallner
    St. Paul, Minnesota

They caught the guys who ran the deer over and the guy who killed the 57 ducks turned himself in…

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Good….I hope they don’t make a plea and get off easy. Throw the book at them. Preferably a large book, or a whole set like an Encyclopedia Britanica.

Derek Hanson

I say run them over with snowmobiles!

jimmy wallner
    St. Paul, Minnesota

Only info out so far is they are all local guys..

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Where did you hear this from? I don’t see anything on Pioneer Press or Journal Sentinal. Thanks.

jimmy wallner
    St. Paul, Minnesota

the radio, im trying to find it online now.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Names and ages please.

jimmy wallner
    St. Paul, Minnesota

The pics of all the dead mallards make we wanna just pound this guy!!

jimmy wallner
    St. Paul, Minnesota

they even gave names agees and adress’s haha..

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Three Weyewaugema men arrested in deer slaughter
    Gannett Wisconsin Media • January 15, 2009

WAUPACA — Three Waupaca County men have been arrested in connection with the snowmobile killings of deer last weekend near Waupaca.

The men were booked in the Waupaca County Jail on Wednesday afternoon. They are: Robby Kuenzi, 23, E5548 North Shore Road, Weyauwega;
    Rory Kuenzi, 24, 410 Harlon Street, Weyauwega;
    Nicholas Hermes, 22, 215 W. Alfred Street, Weyauwega.

Each is being held on a felony charge of mistreatment of animals. Hermes will make his initial appearance today in Waupaca County Circuit Court.

The deer were found dead Saturday, apparently run down by a group of snowmobilers who herded the animals from an alfalfa field five miles south of Waupaca where a herd of 30 to 40 deer are known to feed.

The slaughter has sparked outrage from snowmobilers, hunters and animal lovers, and rewards totaling more than $10,000 have been offered for information leading to the suspects or their convictions.

This is the online story from the Wausau Daily Herald

liar
    Lakeville

Great to hear!!!
    Anyone know what they would charge $ wise. Cost of raising 5 deer. Cost per quacker for 54 Mallards. I would hope they would be banned from rec vehicle use for a few years. A good kick in the seeds would be nice as well.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I would suggest repossessing their sleds to be sold and the funds dedicated to restoration.

kooty
    Keymaster

Quote:

I don’t know this area and “skipping” sounds really stupid to begin with but… Devils advocate. Any chance there were two sleds who came flying up on this spot and wiped out the ducks unintentionally?? It’s not like you are going to let off the throttle with open water.

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Quote:

I would suggest repossessing their sleds to be sold and the funds dedicated to restoration.

AND JAIL TIME BIG TIME.

kooty
    Keymaster

I’m kind of the mindset the punishment should match the crime. Hit them in the pocket book, especially if they have newer sleds with loans on them….

Then, make them perform lots of volunteer hours for the DNR over the next couple years in order to pay back their debt to society.

Sadly, we don’t even put murders in jail for life. Hard to expect much jail time for killing a few deer.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Quote:

I don’t know this area and “skipping” sounds really stupid to begin with but… Devils advocate. Any chance there were two sleds who came flying up on this spot and wiped out the ducks unintentionally?? It’s not like you are going to let off the throttle with open water.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. This may be a case of stupidity rather than a malicious act.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

A public uproar should mean throwing the book at them. Felony conviction, fines, JAIL TIME, repossesion of equipment used to commit crime. The whole shebang.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Throw the book at the ones that killed the deer, it was intentional and vicious.

The mallard incident MAY have been an accident and that is why the guy came forward….he may have thought they’d move and since they didn’t there wasn’t much he could do once in the water….had to keep going. HOWEVER…..a drop of common sense or concern for the ducks and he wouldn’t have gone through there in the first place so there still needs to be a stiff penalty to set an example and perhaps prevent this from happening again.
    JB

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I meant the deer guys. I’m leaving the duck one alone.

buckshot
    Rochester, MN

Sorry Suzuki…I was reading through them and just hit “reply” on yours…I wasn’t rebutting what you said…just tossin in my $.02….which is really only worth about $.000002.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Thats what I was thinking…. I have skipped water plenty of times.. Yellow Lake Lodge comes to mind… Anyways, there were never ducks in there…. but they definitely would not have let off the throttle.

Kinda like Seinfeld, when George thought he had a deal with the pigeons…

Glad the guy came forward and the other aholes with the deer, should get hit with the whole book….

big G

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Throw the book at all of them including the guy that killed the ducks. They were killed in the process of committing another crime so don’t let him off lightly. But this was in Wisconsin so maybe the guy wasn’t committing a crime. I know in Minnesota “water skipping” a snowmobile is illegal so if it would have been here, put it to him.

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

the unfeeling cruelty of this episode with the deer is nauseating… it sounds like the kind of things that serial killers do before they start doing things to people…. there was no innocense here…. no mercy…. just raw savagery…. disgusting…

KirtH
    Lakeville

Now there is a group that will contribute to society, NOT

the_j-man
    St. Paul, MN

Maybe the duck killer(s) accidentally drove over a few, but 57? Whoops I accidentally drove over 57 ducks?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.