Best Smoker for Salmon, Tulibee, and wild game?

• KellyW

Just wondering if anyone has an opinion about which smoker is the best value (size, ease of use, price) on the market to day. I prefer to do as little work as possible and will pay a little more for conveneince, but want to pay only as much as I need to. Thanks!

Kelly

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

My buddy has one of these. It replaced a Bradley. He liked his Bradley well enough, but likes his cookshack better. His smoked salmon and trout are as good as any I’ve had. Makes good sausage too.

Cookshack Smokers

nick
    Lakeville, MN

Though I don’t have one yet, my research leads me to believe the cookshack is the better choice, it’s seems to be well enough insulated that it works great in winter, I think the bradley lacked in that area a little, and I think the bradlys only use their premade wood pucks.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

The CookShack sure better be a great smoker for the price! Wow! No doubt it is though. I bet I could insulate a Bradley well enough and still be half the price of the CS. Maybe not, but I bet I could. They seem to be aimed at two different markets for sure.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

One thing cookshacks aren’t is low priced. They are very well built. My buddy uses his year round, rain or snow, cold or hot, and his stuff is always good. He swears that it is worth every penny he paid for it, but I’m pretty sure he got a steal of a deal on it. He got it used, and it had only been used a few times so it was essentially brand new.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I’d certainly choose the cook shack if funds permitted. In looking at it a little I can’t see why it wouldn’t last forever. Not that the Bradley is any different in that regard but something occurred to me. Completely unsubstantiated, mind you, but none the less something to think about. The Bradley brand has shown up in all sort of retail outlets recently and they are priced competitively almost to the point of getting cheaper as more retailers have them. Is it possible the quality may be less as time goes by to fill demand? At least worth considering. The cook shack seems more like a brand with the feeling that they will charge what it is worth and not a dime less because it is worth it. I guess it also depends on how much a guy will use it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.