Hair Jig Tying Seminar open to public..!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

You ever sit around on those cold winter nights dreaming of catching walleyes? You sit and read all the articles you can to get by until open water season so you can cure that unbelievable itch to set the hook. I know I sure get the winter blues about January every year, yearning to be in the boat, catching walleyes. I’ve read every article twice, watched all the videos double that, now what to do with my spare time?? I’ve been looking for ideas to fill the void and to lessen the winter blues. I’ve been lucky enough to come up with one idea that should keep me busy for many nights. I want to learn how to tie a quality hair jig? I’m not sure what types of jigs to use, thread, heck, what tools do I need??

Well, here is your chance to get all these questions answered and more. On November 16th, from 12:00 to 3:00 pm, Greg Vandemark and Dick Gunderson will be putting on a “How to tie a hair jig” seminar at the Gander Mountain Lodge in Lakeville, Mn. Please come join Greg and Dick for an informative class on everything from how to pick a jig style to what types of hair work best. These gentleman will be tying jigs, answering questions and helping attendees with hands-on experience. You will get first hand knowledge from guys who have been doing this for years. Take some of the guess work out of your next winter project by attending this very informative seminar.

For directions to Gander mountain, please visit http://www.gandermountain.com and click on the store locator link or call 952-435-3805.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

For anyone interested, I will be going to this seminar and have room for 3 extra people to ride along. I’ll be leaving from Dresbach and am willing to pick anyone up along the way.The first 3 people signed up are in. The rest will have to ride in the back of my truck.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

My wife and I would like to personally thank everyone that attended the seminar over the weekend. It was a very informative day. Special thanks to Dick Gunderson, Greg Vandemark and James Holst for putting it all together. We hope to be fishing very soon with a tackle box full of jigs that we tied ourselves. There is nothing more special than catching a fish on a lure crafted be yourself.

Thanks again!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I wasn’t able to make it, hurt my back and was laid up all weekend. It stinks getting old and fat. Wish I could have made it.

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Thanks for putting on the show guys. I definately learned some new things that will make my jig tying experiences more productive and easier. Thanks again!

redneck
    Rosemount

I would like to second Blue Flecks statements. I sure appreciate the time that Dick and Greg spent teaching my son Chris the art of jig tying. At thirteen he is kind of awkward(being left-handed didn’t help either) and both gentlemen did a wonderful job of making sure he could tie correctly. Thank you Gentlemen. I’d also like to thank James and everyone else who helped for setting up the Seminar. It was worth missing Duck hunting for!

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

I enjoyed my Sunday afternoon at Gander Mountain..
    If you can’t be fishing what better than to create a few new baits
    and see others lite up when they create their own new bait..that may catch there wall hanger.

It was also good to meet you guys that I have only seen a little one by one picture of…

And Tom thank you for bringing those awesome T-shirts..
    I know there is going to be some big smiles come christmas day…Those are very nice T-shirts..
    Thank you all

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

All the thanks for this little event go to Waterfowler for setting it up and to Vandemark and Gunderson for doing the teaching. These guys made it happen. I made the drive myself to see what I could learn. It was WELL worth the $10 in gas and the 3 hours of my time to see these masters spin out some dandy jigs. Thanks guys. It’s gentlemen like yourselves, willing to donate their time and experience to the others that visit this site, that make this the place that it is.

gundez-71
    South Minnesota

IT WAS NICE TO MEET SOME OF THE PEOPLE ON THE SITE AND WAS GLAD TO SHOW YOU A VERY REWARDING HOBBY. I HAD A BLAST AND IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT GETTING STARTED JUST LET ME KNOW. I THINK OPPORTUNITIES LIKE THIS REALLY SHOW THE QUALITY OF PEOPLE THAT USE THE DEPTH ANGLING SITE!!!!

GUNDY

redneck
    Rosemount

After the seminar my son Chris really got into jig tying and yesterday we got to try them out on Pool 4. Chris’ first fish on a hair jig of his own making was a nice 17 1/2 inch walleye. This fish was caught casting shallow. We then both caught walleye and sauger vertical jigging hair. Thanks again everyone.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

That is an experience Chris will never forget. Ist fish on his own jig. Someday he will be telling his kids how he and grandpa learned to tie jigs and caught fish on them too. Time spent with your kids and fishing and learning about fishing together is worth alot. Thanks for sharing. Thanks, Bill

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.