Swedish “Eye” and Pike

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

A buddy of mine from Highschool sent me a couple of pics of he and his son with some swedish Zander and Pike. Joe Schmitz, (Formerly of Highland Park in St. Paul) and his son Sam and family, live in Sweden. Joe says the Pike was the first for his sone Sam….

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

…And a Zander….

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Or is this the perch? Joe, maybe you could chime in and explain the difference…? I think this may be the Zander…The preceding the perch…

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

This is some really cool stuff! Looking at the background, it looks beautiful over there and I never knew they had pike in their region! Nice to see things from other places!!!

jbb
    Minneapolis area

I fished in Latvia a few years ago and they have lots of pike and yellow perch including some jumbo 12″ plus. It was very different from what we have in our country.

jbb

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Those Zander look amazingly similar to a walleye when they get big. And do they ever get big. I’ve seen pics of 20+LBers. Take a look at this 12LBer.

Gator Hunter

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Ireland and Scotland are also well known for their monster pike. And when I say monster, I’m talking 100lbs+ here. I remember as a kid reading a book where this dude’s kid was feeding bread to swans off the front of the boat and GULP down went one of the swans. He said the fish was longer than his 8′ rowboat.

If I remember right, the same book put forth the theory that Nessie was really a monster pike.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Hey! Nice pic of the Cat Fish Bar in Afton! When where you up here Gianni?
    I really enjoy taking youngsters fishing. The looks on their faces makes it all worth while.

(No comment SAK2!)

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Joe, got room for me next Summer? If flights stay cheap, I will be out with a bunch of cranks and planer boards!
    Tuck

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.