1st time to Mille Lacs

• WalleyeGFA

Greetings all,

Taking the family to the pond for some fishing this weekend, Thursday through Saturday… a couple of questions…

1. Whats the best day bite for kids ??? (Perch I assume ???, and specific locations ???)
    2. We plan to fish Andersons, Indian, and maybe the gravel bar by 5 mile… 6 to 12′ with cranks… this a good plan ???
    3. Would using jig and minnow on top of reefs yield more numbers for kids ??? or dragging lindys ???

Any help would be appreciated, I can usually find fish but boy howdy Mille Lacs is a big lake… last big lake I fished was Sakakawea in ND.

Thanks in advance,

Wally

PS Ive scoured the forum for hints (where I found my game plan above)… so Ive done my homework before posting… please feel free to post or email ANY hints !!!!

[email protected]

JoJo
    Inactive
    Eden Prairie

About time you found this place Wally!

I’m sure you’ll receive tons of information here.

We’ll be on Tonka both days this weekend. Enjoy Mille Lacs and say Hi to Kim for us.

Jo

WalleyeGFA

Been a long time lurker, but cant stand not being a poster anymore !!!!!

Wally

WalleyeGFA

Wow, nobody out there with any tips…

We fished Fri and Sat night, two muskies (37″ and 49″), and four walleyes (22″, 24″, 26″, and 27.5″). Not bad for 8 or 9 hours fishing… but sadly no keepers !!! Wow somehow that statement just does not make sense given the fish caught… lol

Wally

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Some nice fish WalleyeG. What kind of structure and bottom where you fishing? Depths?
    Fun time with the muskies?

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Nice job Walleye GFA!

I noticed you did not get the feedback you were looking for here but keep coming back and you’ll eventually get all the info you can handle. I think a lot of the Mille Lacs guys have been on the water more than on the computer lately. I would also suggest posting Mille Lacs questions in the Mille Lacs forum for a better response. A lot of guys check certain forums regularly. Might help ya out a bit. Sounds like you did pretty darn good anyway!

Keep coming back and keep posting.

Wade

WalleyeGFA

Barharhahr I was wondering why there were not for specific lakes… lol I just wised up and clicked the river info…. lol

Bite was off of Anderson in 8 FOW with Rattlin Rogues, trolled at 3 MPH… got teh skis and the walleyes same way, was after walleyes and the darn skis would not stay off… Anyway thanks for the advice on different sections of the site… duh…..

Wally

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.