Posting pictures

• mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

How do I post a picture that I have on my computer. I do not have a website. I have digital photos loaded on my hard drive and want to post them in a message. How do I go about it???????????????????

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Click on the link HERE to learn how to post a pic.

Good luck,

Wade

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

hey guys,

i’d just like to say thanks again for everyone who helped me figure out how to post a pic on here.

unfortunatly, being the slow learner i seem to be, i’m still having problems figuring this resizing and “bytes” thing out. i need a little more help

the problem is that my pics aren’t showing up very big on here.
    this is how go about resizing my pics…..

i go to Micorsoft photo editor and open the picture i want. then i click on the image tool bar then resize. in the pop up window i use the arrows to resize the pic until it’s under 100,000 bytes. i can usually get it around 90,000 or so. then i click save.

the problem is when i try to post it on here. i get it on the post and the picture looks really small. i right click on it, go to properties, and it says that the pic is only 20,000bytes or something, but when i saved it in photo editor it was 90,000.

if anyone can understand that, and knows what i can do to make the pictures bigger when i post them on here, let me know.

i’ve spent way too many hours trying to figure this out and it’s just making me steaming mad

thank you.

mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

Okay. I have resized my pics, and figured out how to post. Now, how do you post multiple pics on the same post???

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Okay. I have resized my pics, and figured out how to post. Now, how do you post multiple pics on the same post???

The easiest way I’ve found to post more than one pic is to REPLY to your previous post and add the next pic in the reply. I don’t think you can post multiple images in a sigle post without having those pics loaded to a URL somewhere first. If you do, then I believe you can use the IMAGE tag below your posting draft (Instant UBB Code section). This is my understanding but I may be wrong.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

The only way to do that is to use the Image tage below. And to utilize that you’ll have to have your picture uploaded to a web space and create a link thru the Image tag for each picture in a single post…

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Man Wade you are good !!

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Here’s a free and easy way to resize or resample pix.
    It’s a freeware program called Irfanview located at http://www.irfanview.com Tip: download and install the plugins file also to make it even more usefull!

Just fire up Irfanview and open the pic you want to resample. Click the “Save as” then use the “options” button
    then adjust the “Quality” bar to lower the resolution. That way the picture stays the same size it’s just lower quality. You can also crop,resize,rename your pics,resample,zoom in/out,Slideshow, view movies…it does a ton!

Good Luck,

Ferny.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Man Wade you are good !!

Just trying to help out Dave…

This is me:

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

Thanks for the software link, Ferny. I just downloaded it and plan to play around with my pics tonight. Seems really easy to use so far. Now, I’ll just need to get out and get some more photo-worthy fish….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.