Info on Canada fishing trip

• firefaus
    Iowa

My grandfather wants to take one final guided fishing trip to Canada just wondering if anyone has any info on this subject I’ve checked a few sites and would like to hear any info you guys might have on this. Anything will help. Thanks, Firefaus

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just a heads up. I’ve heard that if anyone in your party has a DUI they will probably not be admitted.

Tom S
    Woodbury MN

I have been going to Canada for the past 7 years. Where you go depends on the species you would like to catch.

For Northern Pike or Lake Trout try a camp in the Northwest Territory. I have been to North of Sixty and Ganglers. Ganglers is not quite in the NWT, rather Northwestern Manitoba.

North of Sixty has much larger fish but the cabins are more rustic… Our boat caught at least one Pike over 45 inches each day. Many in the 10 to 19 lbs range. The largest Lake Trout in our camp was 39 inches.

Ganglers has plenty of fish and first class accomodations. You should expect to catch at least a couple of +45 inch pike and the trout I caught were up in the Mid Teens. Those trout put up a heck of a fight.

Walleye I have been to the Cobham River system the last two years. There are no guides but you do not need them. The fish are easy to find and its almost impossible to get lost. We caught 80-100 walleye per day per man. They were mostly in the 20-23 inch range with an occasional 25 incher thrown in.

Personally I would not waste the money on a guide in Canada. Most of the guides have never even seen the water. They just hop from Bay to bay and sooner or later you will get into the fish. Get a good map and GPS then you are set.

Can’t wait until July 19th – 25th next year

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.