cubs

• Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Quote:

The Cub’s goat

is that why they were eatin tin cans in the dugout??

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Go Cubs. It’s time to cut bait and go fishin for Marlins.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Cubs Win! Little Dougy Glanville comes through! My heart was racing, my head was pounding, and my hands were shaking during this game. What a roller coaster ride this one was. I’ve got to get a grip. Go Cubs!

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

oh baby, what happend last night :. how could you let that one get away :??

i spose your gonna blame it on the goat aren’t ya.

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

go fish

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Well guys, it’s up to Woody and the boys to get it done tonight. Anyone else feel like throwing up in the 8th innning last night?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Anybody feel like reaching into their television and choking that ball hawking clown? What a tool.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Too bad Gonzalez forgot how to be a ball hawk. I think more of the blame should go towards him, but that “fan” definitely deserves his share of the blame, and I’m sure he’s getting it today. So…..who wins between the Marlins and the Yanks?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I think this says it all.

DONOTDELETE

Now THERE’S a jerk! If I were that clown, I’d baracade myself in the house for a year!

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

I think we’d have to place this guy in the Clueless category. I bet his life is never the same.

hooks
    Crystal, Mn.

What a tough way to experience your 15 minutes of fame!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Although I was peeved at that fan, it’s not his fault the Cubs lost. Crazy stuff happens in baseball and you have to overcome it. The Cubs fell apart and gave up 8 runs! I’m feeling good about Wood on the mound tonight and the Cubs getting it done at home.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

There were at least three other “idiots” also trying for that ball. I don’t think the guy cost them the game, the Cubs really just needed to suck it up and play better, and instead they fell apart. The sad thing is now forever people will ride his ass endlessly about it, maybe even harm him physically. It’s going to be ridiculous.

2Fishy4U

I feel bad for the guy because it was just another fan trying to catch a foul ball without having time to think about the ramifications. And it was just one play like the error at Shortstop and so many well hit balls.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

People should ride him about that incident. If he’s a “fan” then he should have done everything in is power to get out of the way. That was just plain stupid. I’ll be willing to bet if Moises caught that ball Prior pitches completely different to the next batter. Especially with 2 outs. I guarantee he’s not looking for a double play ball. I’m sure Gonzalez was when he booted that ball.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I think there are alot more people believing in the curse of the goat than there were yesterday this time.

In the fan’s defense he probably didn’t even see Alou coming for the ball. He was looking up at the ball the whole time. Bonehead move YES. I find it hard to believe that one play cost the Cubs the game though.

Gator Hunter

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i just heard the statment that this fan has issued. it sound like he’s scarred for his life . right now he’s in hiding, hopefully along way from chicago. he’s got continous police survalince around his home .

i feel so bad for him that i hope the cubs can come back and win tonight (floridas up 6-5 in the 6th) so his life isn’t ruined forever. why are cub fans so evil??

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

NO NO NO One guy in the stand could not cause the sCrUBS to lose the game. Had you been there you would have done the samething or would you take a foul ball to the NUTSACK? TWINS or CUBS Im going to catch the ball. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

IS THAT JAMES HOLST AKA H2O?

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I suppose it’s still Mr. Bartman’s fault that the Cubs lost game 7? Come on, let’s give this guy a break already. He did what any fan in his shoes would do in that situation. Why not ride the guys who are getting paid millions, who couldn’t field a routine ground ball? How about the pitchers who couldn’t get an out when they needed to. How about the hitters who couldn’t either get a timely hit or get on base when they needed to? How about the manager who didn’t get his tired pitchers out of there in time in either game 6 or 7? I think they had a much greater impact on the game then the loyal fan who did what anyone in his shoes would have done. That being said, I was bummed to see the Cubs lose. It would have been fun to watch them go to the World Series.
    Plus, let’s not forget that the Marlins played a heck of a series to come back from a 3-1 deficit.
    Let’s just hope that the Bo Sox can pull one off so we have a reason to watch the World Series.
    Steve

Viewing 20 posts - 31 through 50 (of 50 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.