2004 Evinrude 225 Direct Injection

• JohnEngler

I am looking at a boat that has a 2004 Evinrude 225 Direct Injection motor on it. I used to run Evinrude back in the late 80’s however have not had one since.

Can you tell me if this is a reliable motor? I had heard through the grapevine that these were not the best of motors.

Let me know if you have had any experience with these and your opinions.

Thanks!

FJ

bare67
    Metro MN

I have never heard that, they had some problems in the late 90s and early 2000s but they are a very good and fast motor now days including 2004.

dea
    Hixton, WI

Have a dealer run the computer printout off the motor and check that all software, etc. updates have been completed. They can check from the model/serial numbers on the dealer site on warranty work completed also. BRP owned them in 2004 – motors are fine. Also check if it has an extended warranty – some had 6-7 year warranties.

John Gildersleeve
    Frazee,MN

As the post said above have a good mechanic give it a look over. It is just a good thing to do the computor tells you all kind of information that is useful. Since they have been converted over from OMC to BRP most of the issues they had in the early 2000 model years have been resolved.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.