Humminbird 1197

• JimMcdonald
    IL

I just installed my 1197 on my 1775 lund. It was so easy it was kinda scary. I cannot wait to put in and and actually and use it. The side scan was showing stuff on concret floor.lololol
    I would like to thank Wade at Jolly Ann Marine for his help with making this purchase.

scottsteil
    Central MN

You are going to love that unit

warrenmn
    Minnesota

If you go to use it in the house, those little Humminbird power supplies they sell on Ebay aren’t big enough to run the 1197. If you buy the Humminbird PC kit, don’t, repeat don’t, use the power cord with the two 9vlt battery connectors. It won’t run it long enough to do squat. Always up date the software by putting it on an SD card and turning the unit on after you insert it. Wham Bam its done. If you do get the PC kit, cut those connectors off the first thing and put a 3 amp fuse on the plus lead and two female spade connectors. Fits on those 7.5 AH batteries you use ice fishing perfectly. Then you can take it any where your heart desires to play with, the batteries are sealed so you don’t have to worry about them leaking.

WarrenMN

Side note. I found out where all those Humminbird power supplies came from. They aren’t meant for personal use. They were to be used with the displays at retailers, different FCC rules apply about radio emissions.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

I just installed my 1197 on my 1775 lund. It was so easy it was kinda scary. I cannot wait to put in and and actually and use it. The side scan was showing stuff on concret floor.lololol
    I would like to thank Wade at Jolly Ann Marine for his help with making this purchase.

Thank YOU Jim!

I look forward to seeing photos with you, your new ‘bird, and some BIG fish!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.