We lost one in Bosnia…….

• chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

If you guys were watching the news tonight, you would have seen that we lost one of our own in Bosnia yesterday. This time is was personal for me. His name was Dennis “Denny” Tellock. He was a very good friend of mine, and my First Sargeant when I was a Military Policeman with the 257th MP. Co., of White Bear Lake, and Cottage Grove. Most recently, Denny was the Command Sargeant Major with STARC in downtown St. Paul, recently sent to Bosnia as “Peacekeepers”. Denny was an avid outdoorsman. He was on the verge of retirement, but in true Denny fashion, he wanted to be with his unit for this mission. They needed him, and loved him. He never thought twice, I am sure! He LOVED to hunt and fish! He was a true outdoor enthusiast, including his family in as much of his love for it as he could. Denny and his wife had their only son pass away a few years back while he was a member of the Guard. A congenital heart problem. He was so proud to see his boy join the Guard, and follow in his footsteps! It was as if someone had sucked the life out of Denny, he lost his best friend, his son! Now we hear that Denny has passed on. I am serious when I say this, you guys and gals would be damn lucky to meet a guy of this calibre. He was a real great man, and I will miss him terribly.
    “Topper”, see you in heaven if I make the list!
    I am really going to miss ya!
    Tuck

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Tuck, Sorry to hear about your lost. Sounds like a really great friend to have. Be assured that there is no pain nor sorrow in Heaven. Only joy and peace and happiness for him now. He is good hands and with loved ones who have gone there before him. Keep your heart right with the Lord and you will see him again Bud. Trust me on that. Thanks, Bill

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey tuck,

I would like to say that i am very sorry for the loss of a friend and also for the family, a father, a husband and also a friend. I am sure that he would have liked to be home with family, but his dedication and commitment took him away. I will lift all involved in my prayers at night.

be strong tuck, for your and his family.

shane

rivereyes
    Osceola, Wisconsin

Tuck… your loss is ours as well…. sorry I never met the man.. and sorrier still that I never will…..

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Tuck, very sorry to hear about another loss of one of our men. You’re doing the right thing to honor him by sharing his story. He obviously left very positive memories for those who knew him. Thoughts and prayers for his friends and family. Take Care. – Wade

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Sorry to hear about one of our own passing in the course of service to his country. I hope you and his family can get through this, and my deepest sympathies. You and them will be in my prayers tonight.
    God Bless,
    Steve

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Thanks to all! Have you ever known a guy or gal who could jerk a smile out of you no matter what mood you were in? This was the kind of guy he was. I am sure you will hear more about him in the coming days…
    Thanks again!
    Tuck

ferny
    Stillwater, MN

Hey Tuck, sorry to hear about that on the news.
    My uncle SFC Bill Larson was in the 257th MP’s for many years. He died several years ago now, maybe you knew him?
    We also lost a guy on AT one year also when I was in the Reserves. It’s pretty hard on the whole unit to have that happen since it’s usually stressful enough as it is.

Ferny.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.