Zero closing cost re-financing options….

• timmy

For anybody in the know – are there any decent zero closing cost re-fi options going right now? I would like to re-fi the palace and would be very interested into looking at a zero-cost option. I remember a few years ago that the ads for these were all over the place. Thanks.

Tim

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Send a PM to Gary Wellman he can get you headed in the right direction.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I just looked into this a couple weeks ago. I couldn’t find any specials like that. If I had to guess, the way the market is heading, those days are gone.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

If you looking to go with a mortgage broker the only way to get a true “no closing cost” loan is to pay a higher note rate so the broker can pay your closing costs with proceeds from the lender. If your current loan is with a major bank such as Wells Fargo, they would be willing to rewrite your loan on the cheap side right now just to keep your book of business. Sometimes smaller banks or credit unions offer these types of special financing throughout the year. If your looking for this type of deal a person does have to put in some time researching different lending institutions, they are out there.

Good Luck

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I would ask Gary or Bob Bowman. They both have their fingers on the market pulse.

And don’t forget Cal also. All are great resources.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

For anybody in the know – are there any decent zero closing cost re-fi options going right now? I would like to re-fi the palace and would be very interested into looking at a zero-cost option. I remember a few years ago that the ads for these were all over the place. Thanks.

Tim

Are you wanting to refi because you are looking for a better rate/ to lower monthly payments/ or cash out some equity?

robby
    Quad Cities

Better hurry if you want to refinance. Rates are climbing. I got locked in last week and saved 1.25%. This does not seem like much, but over time it is significant. I will pay closing costs, but will make it up in a bit over a year.

tbird171
    Winona, MN

I disagree that the rates are climbing, the fed dropped it’s rates again last week, this should be appealing to banks and they should be willing the get their loans through them, then eventually we should see a further drop. Hold tight is my opinion.

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Like Calvin said, most banks can offer zero closing costs as they will adjust the mortgage rates accordingly to cover those costs. The 15 and 30 Year rates will continue to drop into the summer. Rate are very volatile right now many times moving 1/4 to 3/8 ths of point in 1 day. Follow the Stock Market and 10 Year bond index. Those are the correlating factors that make pulling the trigger easier. As the stock market falls, people invest in bonds lowering the bond yield which in turn has a correlating effect to long-term money. Now is the time, watch the market closely and see what affect the 370 DOW spiral will have tomorrow…you may be surprise.

Good luck !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.