Lake Mark Twain

• fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Going down to Mark Twain in Missouri this week and see how the crappies are doing. Has anyone been down there lately, and if so where and how was the bite?

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

How did you do at Twain ? I was there in the spring a few times this spring and we always caught some nice fish . We usually fished up in Lick creek. That is just plain fun when they are biting!

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

FIREMAN731 If you have time the web site for Mark Twain is http://www.cannondam.com .This should help,please let us know how you did as I am planning a short weekend trip this fall. GOOD LUCK

bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I drove over the North arm August 23rd going down to pick up a new boat. I had probaly fished it 15 times and it looked to me to be 20-25 foot low. Also drove over the Salt River and there was no water in it!! I’d check to see what boat ramps would be open before driving down. Good luck.

herb
    6ft under

MT is at normal pool now. 606

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Made it back from Mark Twain. Not much to write home about, lake was at 606 a normal pool. The three of us fished half a day on Monday and only caught 2 crappies. Talked with some of the “locals” cleaning fish at the cleaning station and got some good info. Mental note, before launching boat go to fish cleaning station ! Tuesday tried out info from Monday, result…28 crappies in the 9″ to 10″ range with a couple of 11″ thrown in there. The 3 best spots were by Point “B” in the tree tops 30 to 40 feet of water and about 15 to 20 feet down, around bridge piers, and right by the dam on the bottom in about 13 1/2 feet of water on a submerged roadway. Wednesday we fished the same spots for a half day and ended up with 14 crappies. The wind was a bit of a problem, especially on the submerged roadbed, used my Pinpoint to stay in the right depth, what a lifesaver!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.