Help….What tires to buy for tow vehicle?

• DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

I am in desperate need of new sneakers on my 01 GMC Crew Cab 3/4 ton truck. Within a month or two, I may be seeing cords poking through and I would hate to be changing a flat at 4:00am on my way back home.
    Any suggestions for brands of tires that you like or dislike? The truck naturally has a rough ride due to the heavier springs, so a softer tire would be up my alley maybe?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I just bought the Bridgestone Revo tires for my Dakota Quad Cab. They ride awesome. This is my first set and won’t be my last. They are a little spendy. I paid $122.00 each. I pull a 22′ Champion with my truck and so far, so good. If I were going to recommend a place to at least shop online I suggest http://www.tirerack.com/. They rate tires and give some pretty competitive prices.

MikeT1
    St. Paul, MN

I have worked in many auto shops in my 10 years in the auto business. All of my auto mechanic friends and I run Bridgestone Dueler A/T’s.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Another vote for the Dueler A/t’s. Best tires I have ever run.

Personally, I would step up to the Revo’s like BF. They look to have a much more grippy tread pattern for the snow.

greg716
    Inver Grove Heights

I have put over 90,000 miles each on 2 sets of Firestone Steeltex A/T’s. 265/75R16’s for my Chevys. I would guess they are gonna be around $150.00 each, but in my book, well worth it.
    Greg

fireline
    Rochester

I have Brigestone Duelers on my 4-runner,spendy but will buy a another set when needed .

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Thanks guys for the help here.
    After some research, I am going with the Bridgestone Revo’s in the 265 sidewall class! having them put on tonight.
    It was getting so bad that the truck would spin at a light when the roads were wet when I was pulling the boat with very little throttle pressure.

Thanks again guys.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I have the 270 class and I am sure you will love those tires. Good Luck!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Good choice Steve. Best A/T tires out there in my opinion.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I also have the Bridgestone Duelers, great tires. I got my tires at Tires
    plus and I got the road hazard package with it. The only thing I would do different in after thought is I should have bought them at Wallmart if they had them as they also have the road hazard package, that way when you are traveling if you ever have tire problems there is a Wallmart almost anywhere you go. This is a good deal especially for tournament fishermen or anyone that travels allot.

stuart
    Mn.

Wallmart carries them but they have a generic brand name on them,i think its eagle somthing,there about $80 cheaper per tire.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.