Hunting forum interest…?

• bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

You mean I’m not fired til tomorrow? Alright!!!!!!! Thanks, Bill

ps. Sweet dreams of hunting, I mean fishing James.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Time to party!!!! Bill Is not fired!!!

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Time to get some sleep. I’m really behind on my beauty sleep! lol. Thanks, Bill

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

I’d read it. I don’t hunt much any more so it may be interesting. I like the photos!

Go for it.

Jon J.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

This place would lose too much of its flair and color if Bill wasn’t around. If I’m here, Bill’s here!

Quote:

Time to party!!!! Bill Is not fired!!!

shane

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Whew, that was close. Thanks, Bill

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

<group hug>

Awwwww!

</group hug>

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

If James decides to do this I would be happy to offer my services as a Moderater for a deer hunting forum. I have been deer hunting in SE MN for 20 years, I bow hunt and shot gun hunt. Deer hunting is my is my favorite pass time, even more so than fishing (sorry)

Ryan Hale would be an excellent choice as a Moderater for an upland hunting forum.

I also think it would be a good idea to keep these forum’s up year round as there is the MN Deer Classic in March and Game Fair in August. Just my 2 cents worth.

Quote:

Ok …so who is going to take the time to moderate these pages ? They have to take the time out of there day and Moderate the forums…I think there are some Highly Qualified people out there to do this, no doubt…but will they (you) be willing to devote your talents to the computer to make these pages as good if not better that the rest of the site !!…

Just a couple of questions that I had…See I care a lot about this site

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

Steve,

I also bow hunt and rifle hunt. I get the same amount of enjoyment out of both hunting and fishing. I would gladely help out if needed. seeing how i am always here, and never to far away from this awsome site.

thanks

shane

nubbinbuck

If this flies, I like the idea of it being available all year long (pending traffic). With the popularity of spring hunts (Turkey, Snow Geese), it will probably be used enough during that timeframe.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Hey James,

You up yet?? I have to vote yes for a hunting forum. I don’t get to hunt as much as I used to, but still have the passion. BTW, it’s one month to pheasant opener in SD.

Doug Ertl
    St Cloud, MN

Me too… I vote yes also.

bang.. bang … bang,,,, missed again.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

Don’t forget about the summer crow season. i can moderate that .

TBeirl514
    Covington Indiana

I would be very happy to see a hunting forum .

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Great idea
    The 18th of next month Im on my way to ND for 10 days cant wait!!!
    James if you need any help with the hunting forum I would be glad to help!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I’m not much of a hunter, but I’ve recently moved to Somerset Township, and have plenty of opportunity to get into the woods. I’ve been kicking the idea around of getting into some bow hunting, and I don’t think I would be able to without some help. If this forum is coming, then I know that I would be able to get some sounds advice on what I would need to do to get ready for it. I would sure vote that this forum is given a chance.
    Steve

jeffsedlmayr
    Wisconsin

YES, there should be one on here because most of us will talk about it yet anyways. It will probably also give your guys’ site a lot more hits everyday. There are a lot of people that do look around for info on the internet about hunting. I think that this would be a great idea and addition to this website.

sean colter
    Grand Rapids, MN

Great idea… FINS AND FEATHERS…together…along with horns. I like it. It will probably become a very big hit. Remember we as sportsman need to protect each and every part of the outdoors, and hunting is a big part of it.
    Theres nothing like ripping lips in the morning and having those deer or ducks making they final approach in the afternoon.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I would love it. And, duck hunting is Mississippi related anyway!

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I was looking over the hunting forum again as much as i love to fish i love to bowhunt too. The woods around here are full of brusier whitetails. I could tell you stories about a farmer that looses as much as 800 bushels, thats a full semi load, to crop damage because of deer. He won’t let you come back if you don’t fill your tag. Ever walk into a half an acre and see nothing but deer prints on top of deer prints and you can smell the half acre 100 yrds away from urine. Seen a monster 190″ rack there, 4-16 ” tines on both beams, straight as an arrow, plus 12″ brow tines. You talk about a major bone rattling adrenaline rush. Anyone thinking about coming to iowa to bow hunt i can point the direction to some better spots not far from where i live, be glad to help. The worlds record bowkill was shot 60 miles south of me. It scored 2035/8ths and over 300 pounds. I’ve seen does close too 300 here, not many but some. Later

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’d be new to the moderator responsibilities but it’s obvious I’m around here a lot as well. I would love to help any area of the moderation from a WI point of view or reporting and I’ve got tons of resources for info and reports…………..actually, much more in hunting than fishing. So, if it needs help to fly, I can be another helping guy!

Bill………..I missed out on the “group hug” so this is as close to a “wagging tail” as I can produce -> That was good entertainment within a great discussion!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Or….How about a seasonal bragging board, or something like that? Many of us hunt as well as fish, it would be cool to see pics and posts of what people are up to in the “Off” season. (If there is one!)Maybe take a forum and make it the catchall for something like that…????
    Nice buck in that picture above!!!!
    Tuck

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

with the show of support and poeple willing to help out and put forth some knowledge in doing reports and moderating. If the hunting section was to be added, It would just increase our popularity with the users that frequent this site, and also bring new members into this site as they see what an awsome site this is. I would be willing to help out in anyway, seeing how i pretty much live on a computer. But i think we have given James alot to think of.

shane

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I would be glad to help out in any way that I can. Just let me know how.

Gator Hunter

bassguy
    MANKATO

I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE SOME HUNTING SITES. ESPECIALLY RUFFED GROUSE AND BOWHUNTING SOUTHEAST MN.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I would love to see it. Anything regarding the river. This site is maintained so that all posts are clean and friendly. I don’t go to any other sites any more for fishing info. I have no good places to go but here for local Mississippi River hunting info.

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

James, I am fairly knowledgeble about dogs ducks and the other feathered critters that people chase around here.Also have some good contacts from my time in sporting goods. I would be glad to serve as field staff for this area[Alma]. I think Ryan Hale would be a good candidate for moderator if he would take the job.

mustbefishing
    Ladysmith, WI

A couple things:
    1. Obviously there is a lot of interest out there by the responses to the question.

2. Great ideas about different subtopics have been brought up in this thread. I especially liked the dog training idea. Along with duck hunting, grouse, pheasant, bow, muzzleloader, small game, and shotgun/rifle hunting should produce quite a topic list to chat about. These ideas have been generated by the people who are interested. Just like fishing, all these heads are better than 1.

I am definitely in favor of it. With all the wonderful personalities we have here, the wealth of knowledge and experience and the technology we have at our fingertips this could make all of our outdoor adventures more enjoyable.

mustbefishing(or hunting)

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

Hey Sander, I’m leaving for ND on the 18th as well. Where are you going to? have you heard any water reports?

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.