Number of poles????

• Chunk
    New Hampton, Iowa

Just wondering how many ice fishing poles you can use on Minnesota Lakes? And if you can use a pole and a tip-up at the same time?
    Thanks Chunk

jesse
    mn

Two lines for ice fishing. Any combination is okay,two poles, one pole one tip up, or two tip ups.

Pete Bauer
    Stillwater, MN

How about in WI?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

How about in WI?

Not to open this can of worms again but, targa is right if you are fishing an inland lake.
    However, if you are a resident of Minnesota and you are on the boundary water (Mississippi between tracks) you are restricted to 2 lines.
    If I (a Wisconsin resident) am fishing the Minnesota side of the boundary waters, I am restricted to the Minnesota regulations.

Clear as mud….right

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

On border waters….MN resident must obey MN rules…..WI resident must obey WI laws. For example my buddy from WI is fishing with me on the St croix. I get 2 lines he gets 3!

The way the cookie crumbles

Chunk
    New Hampton, Iowa

Thanks for the reply guys! We are heading up to madison lake by mankato over the christmas break. Have not ice fished much in minnesota and was not sure of the regs. Thanks again, Chunk

stevedobie
    Central, MN

Quote:

madison lake by mankato

That’s a great lake and you can catch big eyes. It also has been known for some big Pike in past years. Good luck.

buck-slayer

Make sure not to tie a plain treble hook on thats counted as 3 lines. You can use one but tie a bead and a small blade 3 inches up from hook. I use a slip bobber knot to hold it there.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

On boarder waters….MN resident must obey MN rules…..WI resident must obey WI laws. For example my buddy from WI is fishing with me on the St croix. I get 2 lines he gets 3!

The way the cookie crumbles

If your buddy from Wisconsin is fishing with you on the Minnesota side of the boarder he better be following the Minnesota regulation.
    Wisconsin boarder water regulations state clearly, you have to follow the regulations of the state you are fishing in.

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

Good to know Bret!

I just figure I’ll stick to the more strict law and I’ll be ok. like you said earlier….Clear as mud!

buck-slayer

I don’t agree with that. There is no line down the center of the river.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

Well Buck we went through this awhile back… Read This

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

You had better get yourself a new set of navigational maps then

The boarder line is marked clearly on the set of maps I have. Also the boarder does not always run down the main channel. On pool 8 it runs into the east channel and then across the main channel into the west channel.

buck-slayer

I was wrong. I called WI DNR and was told what you guys said.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Another ticket saved…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.