Fishing in Baghdad is slow!

• sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Okay, fishing in Baghdad is extremely slow, mostly because I don’t have any time, equipment, or an idea where to go, but I suppose I’ll make it. Seems the signal corps has made great strides in internet connectivity since I was last here, it’s easier to get on the internet than a phone. Thought I’d stick up a post and let everybody know it’s still hot here! But it’s getting cooler. Hope they’re biting at home! have to go take a nap before I go back on shift. Another 12 hours in a tower staring at sleeping prisoners isn’t my idea of fun, but it beats getting shot at. Back on in a couple of days!

Sean

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Want us to send you some fishing equiptment ?

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Sean;

I personally want to thank you for your contribution to making our world better by being in the service. You and your coherts have 100% of my support. I’m proud of you and all over there serving. You and your team need to be very proud of what your doing. Being a prior service member from the Cavalry, runnning Apaches, I understand what your going through. Hang in there and you’ll be home soon.

You have our support and prayers for a safe journey!!!

God Bless you!

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Good to hear from you. I just got a e-mail from your mom telling me about your trip and whats going on. Hope your Dad and I get to go fishin’ this weekend. We will catch one in your honor. Keep your spirits up and your head down. As Red Green says “We’re pulling for you, We are all in this together.”

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

When the fishing is slow around here I throw a Nucke Ball at’em

But you should have some easy acsess to some gernades I bet that would be an easy way to locate them

Good to hear from you KEEP US POSTED!!

rangerpat
    Green Bay, WI.

When you get home email me & I’ll take you fishing on Green Bay, for some nice Walleye & Catfish & Sheephead. Hopefully more Eyes but we catch it all over here. It would be an HONOR to take you & a freind fishing. Keep your eyes open & leave it on auto.
    Good Luck, Pat Cavins (5th Infantry a long time ago)
    My Email [email protected]

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Dito to all of the above! Take care of yourself and get back in one piece.

My old Gunny Seargent always would say “Take care of you feet and your a$$hole, everything else will be OK”

USMC 81-85

Jon J.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

You’re a winner Little B! We’re all 100% behind you and can’t wait to see you back here when the work is done.

Prayers,

Ken

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Sean;
    It was an Honor to meet you at the Get Together; words can not express my gratitude for your service to our country. You and all the troops are in my prayers until every one of you comes home. Just in case you missed it here is a pic from another post from the Get Together.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

little B

hey there, I tip my hat to you and all the other men and women who are over there. I sure hope you have a safe journey and hope to see you back home soon.

shane

Brian Lyons

Hi Sean, We’ll have plenty of fishing when you get home
    For now just keep your head down and stay SAFE
    send me a pm…….Big B

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

Hey Sean, its great to hear from you. What’s all this talk about not having the equipment though…if i remember right you were the one that jumped knee deep into the water to get a fish before it cut the line ….so just go down and barehand ’em by the bank.

I think I speak for everyone when I say we’re all thinking about you and wish you the best while you’re over there.

David S

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Hey Skippy, aren’t you supposed to be studying? !!!!!

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

yeah probably….but dont tell mom that i’m not.

gimpy
    Owatonna, Minnesota

I remember one guy put a picture of a guy fishing in baghdad. Is there any fish in there? If so what kind?
    Thanks for protecting our country

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Well, after a long absence, I’ve returned. Situation here remains about the same, no water, no equipment, and no time to fish. We’re going through another hot spell this week, but nothing compared to earlier this summer. Just wanted to say thanks for all the support, it’s much appreciated. Take care!!

Sean

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

good to see you online there Little B. let us know when you get back!!

shane

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.