VIKINGS

• Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Well said Steve, The Vikes came to play, they could have beaten anyone today, from any year, It was a total team WIN. And big DDDDD Fence made many great plays. GO VIKES, and then there was ONE GAME TO GO.
    the Chiefs. AWESOME !!!! Jack.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Why do I get the feeling that I’ll be hearing about this for a loooong time? Gotta hand it to the Vikes, they finally showed up. I also wonder why some people at the game had such a tough time dealing with the fact that 12-3 is still a lot better than 9-6. Hope your face feels good for the next week or so…

Ok, ec, when do I pay?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

MWChiefs

We love ya’ man! Thought about you several times yersterday during that game. I’ll not jump on the pile (too much) and give you a hard time but I will admit to a severe temptation to poke a little.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Careful Steve! The NFL will fine you for over celebrating!

MW buddy………….. like James……….I thought about you when I heard the final score. We all face some degree of disappointment from time to time………….mine being that I didn’t WITNESS the pummeling ……………..but I stated earlier in the year that I’d hope for a SuperBowl III rematch! Hope both teams do what they need to for that to come true!

So…………some whipped cream for that Humble Pie?

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

I feel lucky to be getting off this easy. I didn’t fare this well at work today, trust me. I knew when I first walked through my office door and saw the big sign with the expected rants and raves that it was not going to be a good day. I think we got a first-round bye, though, so life is still good. Guess it pays to start out 9-0.

Mark

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

mwchiefs
    I just hope the Vikes and the Chiefs will play each other one more time this season.

Gator Hunter

juggs
    The biggest nightcrawler bed in all of Minneapolis

I gotta jump on Haywood’s bandwagon and say that the only real football game is the one where the players play for free (theoretically, anyway). If the NFL isn’t the second to last bastion (the first being the NBA) of sickening self promotion, I don’t know what is. I’d rather watch high schoolers who play for love of the game than these overpaid lovers of self. Just watch for the next time an even less than spectacular play is made and how the playmaker responds–by running away from his eager-to-celebrate-with-him teammates so he can be isolated for the cameras. God help us when the day comes when our prep boys do monkey see, monkey do. I’m afraid it’s inevitable.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Lucky for the Vikes they don’t have to play Da Bears again!!!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

And while you boys were cheering for your teams, I had the good fortune of being out with this:

rmartin
    United States

THIS IS AS SWEET AS CATCHING A 10 LB WALLEYE!!!!

2Fishy4U

In case you Vikes fans didn’t realize this they are 3-7 in their last 10 games.

P.S. this Packer Fan wants to know who to send thank you cards to.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

For anyone who doubts, I’d just like to thank the Vikings players for another heart attack giving season ……………. looking forward to the next one! I think the first stop is a new owner for the club. He publicly dissed his own team for losing game 7. Vikes went kapoot after that. Tice? Needs another season. McGinnis coming to town? Hmmmm………….if defense is a concern, which it should be……..why do they want him? Bring Dungy back!!! From there…………simply ask the players to ask themselves, “Did I earn a SuperBowl Ring today?” and “TASTE” the desire that breeds champions. #1 rated offense is coming back next year…………the talent is all there……….just lacking the heart.

Congrats to the Pack for doing their part to change their own fate. I got a feeling that Brett’s on a mission…………..to win the Bowl and dedicate it to his father. He’s the kinda guy to do that………has the talent to do that………….and a whole organization of people and fans that love him enough to help him get it. It won’t be easy but we’ve all seen him do this before. For the cause, I wish him and the Pack all the success they deserve…………….until week 1, 2004!!! Then the rivalry is BACK ON!!!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I would like to congratulate the Vikes on a winning season this year. I’m not happy how they got there but if you had told me last year that they would end up at 9-7 I would have been plaesed.
    After only six wins last year nine ain’t so bad.

Gator Hunter

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Hey Lenny! You forgot to tell us….. “GOOD LUCK to the Green Bay Packers!!! You can’t do it can you? j/k LOL

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Hey Lenny! You forgot to tell us….. “GOOD LUCK to the Green Bay Packers!!! You can’t do it can you? j/k LOL

I just can’t do that Zimmy.

Gator Hunter

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

LMAO!! I thought so. lol

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

MINNEAPOLIS, MN (AP)

MINNEAPOLIS POLICE REPORTED THAT SOME INDIVIDUAL ATTEMPTED TO “EGG” MIKE TICE’S HOUSE LAST NIGHT. AN EMPTY EGG CARTON WAS RECOVERED AT THE SCENE. TWO EGGS HIT MR. TICE’S HOUSE, 3 EGGS WENT OVER HIS HOUSE AND HIT HIS NEIGHBOR’S BACK DOOR, 2 EGGS HIT THE HOUSES OF EACH OF HIS NEXT DOOR NEIGHBORS, AND THE REMAINING 3 EGGS WERE FOUND BROKEN ON THE GROUND NEAR THE CARTON(OBVIOUSLY DROPPED BY THE SUSPECT). FROM WHERE THE INDIVIDUAL THREW THEM, AND LOOKING AT WHAT WAS HIT, POLICE OFFICIALS SAY THEY ARE CONSIDERING DAUNTE CULPEPPER AS THE PRIME SUSPECT.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

It couldn’t have been Daunte Culpepper. He would have dropped the carton LONG before he got to Tice’s house.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

How can I call myself a true fan and keep laughing so hard at these last two comments?

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Quote:

How can I call myself a true fan and keep laughing so hard at these last two comments?

Simply put, the more secure you are about something, the easier it is to see the imperfections.
    Wow, that sounds kinda prophetic, as opposed to the usual which is pathetic!!!

Steve

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Well;

Can’t hold back any longer…………..

HOW DO YOU KEEP A VIKING OUT OF YOUR YARD?

PLACE A GOAL POST IN IT!!!

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

Since were on a roll.

rmartin
    United States

I heard that Red McCombs was so PO’d that he was thinking about yet again moving the team. This time to the Philllipines!

They are going to rename themselves the “Manilla Folders”

It grows on ya!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The Vikes are my team but I got one too.

What do the Vikes and Billy Graham have in common?

They can both make 60,000 people jump to their feet and say Jesus Christ.

Gator Hunter

Viewing 30 posts - 181 through 210 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.