VIKINGS

• lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

No doubt the Vikes have to get their act together and stop the bleeding but I have faith in my team.

Gator Hunter

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

gator:

They stopped the bleeding, but can they keep it stopped!!! St. Louis is no Detroit, but then can the Pack get by Detroit when they are typically a tough team on Thanksgiving!!! Everyone better start to watch out for ‘da Bears!!! And MW, I hope those Chiefs are resting, cause otherwise they are going to disappoint ya too!!! The Bengals are on a roll, look out for them at the end!!!

Mark

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

know I keep banging the same drum but to watch the pro game just sucks!!
    After being around the college game for a few years the guys have much more heart and effort.
    You do not always get the instant replays and you may have to go to the game, but the intensity and overall output is sooo much better.
    Just watch for any backside pursiut in the pros. If it is more than 5 yards they just stand there.
    Watch Moss be the “decoy” when he had a chance to block, or just get in someones way he does not. He is indicative of the rest as well.
    At the end of yesterdays Vikes game both teams all hugs and smiles.
    There are no rivalrys when it comes to players, with the fans there still are.
    At any rate looking at the lack of overall effort and excitment at the pro level keeps me from becoming a hardcore fan.
    perhaps the worst thing I can say is that with the current amount of poor effort and lack of heart that many of the pros in Football have, it is starting to look like pro basketball ….now they are SAD!

I will now step off my soap box and return my glass to half full

PS. GO WINONA STATE WARRIORS…beat those ND Sioux in the NCAA II second round playoffs Saturday November 29.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I find it humorous that everyone always says what die hard fans the Packers have. I am married into a family of “die hard Packer fans” and I just don’t see it. I see a bunch of people who will cheer and support their team only when their winning. I heard people saying that it was time for Favre to retire after the Vikings beat them in week 1. I heard people complaining mightily when they lost to the Rams. I know of Packer “Fans” who said that they didn’t want to watch them anymore this year after that game. Now all of a sudden, they are back having the parties, and saying how dedicated they are to their team. The Packer fans that I have seen, and the ones that I know personally, are every bit as fair-weathered as any other NFL team’s fans are. So, as I am teaching my son, support your team with all of your might, just don’t bash other’s choices. Of course that’s also because I’m married to a Packer fan.
    Steve

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

mbenson, I don’t think the Chiefs will disappoint. Like I said before, they’re a team that goes out to play 4 quarters, not 2 or 3. You’ll see them in the ‘Bowl.

Mark

3thin
    The Great State of MI

CBS Sports Line

Quote:

Kansas City Chiefs

Good teams find a way to win those close games. The defense is something of a concern, though.

no superbowl for you !!!

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Funny thing is, your opinion is not part of the majority of the analysts. Good luck with AhmanIfumbledagain Green. Personally, I can’t stand the Vikes, but to see the Pack lose their division to a team that lost two straight to possibly the worst two teams in the AFC is hilarious.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

The only thing funnier than that is if the Chiefs become the second team in history to go 15-1 and lose in the championship game! Mirror, mirror on the wall…………….

Couldn’t resist buddy! Somebody’s gotta stick up for ’em!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

mwchiefs:

I got to agree with ya, there are a lot of the analysts still picking the Chiefs, but in the AFC quite a few are picking the Titans. Now what are they going to do with McNair hurt again. Sure he is incredible playing hurt and thankfully guys like he, Farve, McNabb are stars who will play hurt. It goes back to my philosophy that until the season ends and none of your guys are hurt, what might happen if they do. Do they have a credible backup for Green? How about Preist Holmes? Hey if I’m not rooting for my Packers/Badgers, one of those teams I have always enjoyed watching is the Chiefs. I am just stating that the Chiefs are playing in the last two weeks a little closer to the other teams in the league, which they weren’t in the beginning of the season.

Going back to the Packer/Chief debacle, Green may have fumbled the ball away at a critical time, but the play of that game was the interception by Farve that went for the TD!!! That was the game. Was it Farve’s fault? Maybe, but did the receiver run the right route. Who knows, certainly not us. And going to the Packer defense, it was a sieve. Both teams scored 30 some points, as Chiefs fan I would be concerned about their defense as well.

The Pack right now are on a roll, but right now can some of their backups keep them in the season until they get better people back. I am scared every time the defense is on the field. Thankfully their run game might take over time of possession and keep the not so strong defense off the field. One thing I like about Sherman is he works toward peaking at the end of the season. Last year the Pack sustained more injuries than any team in football and in my estimation just ran out of quality players to keep up to the other elite teams, if you can call any teams in the NFL elite right now. And don’t get me wrong, one thing the Chiefs have going for them is Vermiel. If they get a chance at the Rams in the Super Bowl, I am rooting for the Chiefs in a heartbeat. The Rams would be a really quality team right now if Vermiel was still there. St. Louis management ran him right out of town after HE brought them the championship!!!

Can the Packers sustain it against the bad teams they get to play the next four weeks, i.e., the Lions, Bears (look out), etc. How about Arizona taking the Rams to the end of the game last week and the Rams handed it to us down there? They should handle the Vikes this week, but now Bulger is becoming suspect. If the Packers take care of their business, they will be the Norris champs and not the Vikes.

Haywood:

Keep that glass half full!!! Go Winona State!!! The NFL is not nearly as bad as the NBA. As a high school official and former college player (DIII), I quit watching the NBA when Jordan left. They do not play basketball in any respect other than putting a ball through a hoop. They may some of the most talented in the world, but it ends there!!! I am even beginning to become concerned about college DI play.

skhartke: You are teaching you son the best ideal. I hope that most of this thread though is good hearted fun. And many fans are exactly like that, but when they say Farve is done, nope!!! They do not know what they have. Yeah there is a time real soon that Brett should get out of the game, but it isn’t yet.

Kid:

Keep up the good work!!!

Mark

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

If I’ve said it once I’ve said it a thousand times, Brett Favre is merely a shell of his former self. If a ballgame is put in his hands the packers lose. It has gotten so bad that Kurt Schottenheimer(Detroits def. cord.) announced that his sole game plan was to stop the run and let Favre try to beat them. They did stop the run and how did Favre respond? He threw three interceptions and had one fumble. The Packers are -14 in turnovers for the year and Favre is a major part of that. My two cents.

What is Brett Favre’s favorite dessert? A turnover.

Gator Hunter

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Hey Gang:

A defeated Packer fan!!! I was most disappointed when the game was 14-13 and they didn’t even try to put it back on Green’s lap. At that time I felt that they could have tried to run the ball again, but they left it in Brett’s hands and there you have it. Another disappointment was Ferguson’s well timed jump on the Evans interception. Good luck to the rest of your teams this weekend, I’ll be hunting and fishing the rest of it!!!

Mark

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

GH, did today’s MIN/STL game hurt as bad as it looked? J/K!! Meanwhile…………11-1 is feeling daaaaaaaaaaammnnnn good!

Mark

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

mwchiefs
    I didn’t see the game, I was out deer hunting. No doubt the Vikes have got to get their act together but the way I see it they are still in first place.

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’ve heard it’s always better to be the worst of the best than to be the best of the worst………………..

I just figure which one of those is my team!!!!

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

I can’t wait to get on the ice…..
    and off the couch wasting my Sunday afternoons. The Vikings better get their act together soon, or its over for them.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That’s how you play football. The Vikings may have played their best game of the year today. The defensive line showed up and eliminated Shaun Alexander’s running attack. The d-backs played tight coverage.
    On the offensive side, the Vikes o-line was totally dominate and didn’t kill drives with their stupid penalties. Michael Bennett had his first 100 Yd. rushing game of the year. Randy Moss was awesome. Daunte Culpepper played like the NFC’s top rated quarterback that he is. It was an overall team effort that resulted in a convincing 34-7 win.
    Next week we have to take care of the bears then it is time to make a statement against the K.C. Chiefs. Not a problem.

GO VIKINGS!!!!

Gator Hunter

rmartin
    United States

To quote another poster, even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while……..

Bird
    River Falls, WI

Just want to send out a big THANKS to Randy Moss on his lackluster performance Sunday. With Saddam being caught as he did and the Pack winning, it just doesn’t get any better here in Packerland.

Bob Carlson
    Mille Lacs Lake (eastside), Mn.

Well I wasted another Sunday afternoon watching my Vikings lose another close game. I should have gone out ice fishing…….Kansas City will kick their butts this weekend? I think I’m going to be fishing and will listen to the game on the radio.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I’ll be with them in spirit but I won’t even bother with the radio broadcast……………more hunting to do!

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Just wondering if I’m the only Chief’s fan on here that will be at the game this Saturday, watching them pound the Queens into submission. I have a feeling the ‘dome will be awfully quiet, except for my big mouth rooting the Priest on! I know ecnook hates to hear that! LOL

Mark

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Just wondering if I’m the only Chief’s fan on here that will be at the game this Saturday, watching them pound the Queens into submission. I have a feeling the ‘dome will be awfully quiet, except for my big mouth rooting the Priest on! I know ecnook hates to hear that! LOL

Mark

You sound awfully confident. We’ll see what you have to say Monday.

Gator Hunter

rmartin
    United States

Chiefs fan “for a day”. Go Chiefs!

Next week: Cardinals fan

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Let me end the mystery here and now. “Told ya” is what I’ll be saying, while Queen’s fans will be saying, yet again, “shoulda, coulda, woulda”, when we all know what you really mean is “can’t” and “didn’t”.

Mark

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

The Vikings could do okay with KC. it all depends on who shows up to play, they really have no consistency going on since game 6. hot cold hot cold, and they seem to not mind giving a game away every now and then. the Pack is looking pretty good but for them to win the div the Viking will have to give away at least one more game, hey could happen.
    would anybody know why the Vikes threw the ball on 2nd down inside the 10? everyone had to say, just run, just run. I think the tie would have been acceptable on 4th down. you would then have 2nd and 3rd downs to run it in. the run was very good for most of the game. Daunte then throws the ball on the defender side of Moss, instead of on the other side. touchdown, game over. any thoughts?? Jack.

slabs

Ill be at the game ,if Culpepper keeps under 2 INT’S vikes win by 7 (just a guess) im gonna have fun anyway ,i hope culpepper leads them to a win but for first time in the dome ill gladly watch Priest Holmes and enjoy it also, I have been a vikes fan long enough to know it dont matter if they win or not they wont win a superbowl…

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

WHO’S CRYING NOW!!!!!!!!

Quote:

, Dec. 20th is a sure loss for the Vikes. You may want to get your ing out of the way now.

Quote:

You mean to tell me the five teams they’ve played are actually considered PRO????!!!!! Geez……

Quote:

Nope. Now, there’s only 3, the Vikes, Panthers, and the next-Superbowl Champs KC.

Quote:

Mighty hard to run the ball with your hands around your throat……LOL!!

Quote:

Until Dec. 20th, that is…..

Quote:

Look at the Queens. I’m sure if they were on a team’s schedule it would be considered a not-soft team up until three weeks ago. Now, anyone who has to play them in an upcoming game is celebrating because it’s like another bye week for them.

Quote:

Come on, G.C., don’t let that jealousy cloud your vision. Stay focused. Don’t avoid the issue. You know as well as I do that the Queens’ wins have come against teams that are worse than almost all of the teams the Chiefs will play. Let’s be real here, SF basically played for you, you played GB when they were at their worst and have since shown a marked improvement, and the rest of the teams we just won’t comment on. You also know that a lot of the Chiefs’ wins came against teams who had a really good day. To me, this season comes down to four games: 1) Denver, 2) Denver, 3) Queens, 4) Superbowl. As long as the Chiefs win all four of those games, life is good because my positive cash flow will increase a whole heck of a lot.

Quote:

mbenson, I don’t think the Chiefs will disappoint. Like I said before, they’re a team that goes out to play 4 quarters, not 2 or 3. You’ll see them in the ‘Bowl.

Quote:

Funny thing is, your opinion is not part of the majority of the analysts. Good luck with AhmanIfumbledagain Green. Personally, I can’t stand the Vikes, but to see the Pack lose their division to a team that lost two straight to possibly the worst two teams in the AFC is hilarious.

Quote:

Quote:

Let me end the mystery here and now. “Told ya” is what I’ll be saying, while Queen’s fans will be saying, yet again, “shoulda, coulda, woulda”, when we all know what you really mean is “can’t” and “didn’t”.

LOOK WHO’S LAUGHING NOW

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

See now, I come on here to make a post and Steve beats me to it. Helluva post Steve.
    What a game for the Vikes. I thought the Chiefs were good. Just another victim of the Minnesota killing machine. You gotta give it to the Vikes, they step up for the big games every time.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

VIKINGS
    VIKINGS
    VIKINGS
    VIKINGS

‘NUFF SAID

Gator Hunter

Oh Yeah!!!

Gator Hunter

Viewing 30 posts - 151 through 180 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.