VIKINGS

• mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Until Dec. 20th, that is…..

Mark

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I think Bennett will be a huge boost for this team. Not that Moe hasn’t done an admirable job, but Bennett is just so much quicker. He hits the holes with speed and will just flat outrun some of those db’s that have caught up with Moe on some of those long runs. Bennett scores on those, he would not get caught from behind.
    Steve

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

gator hunter:

Not so hard below the belt!!! LOL!!! The Vikings should enjoy, for once they even have two quarterbacks!!!

Mark

ProTiller
    Chisago Lakes Area

Hovan and the rest of the front four are gonna eat ButtFavor and the Packqueres alive tonight.
    Go Purple!

thumperw
    White Bear Lake, MN

I agree with Gator’s earlier post. Before the Vikes loss to NY last week, I was sorried about this Packer’s game. I think they’ll be re-focusing on this game. Both because it’s the Packers and because they realize they have to actually work on all cylinders to win.

Purple Pride!

3way
    eastern iowa.

go vikings, you got alot of support from eastern ia. too. i hope coach got their attention after that ny loss. hopefully the running game is at its best tonight or we are in trouble. that guy named brett can pick you apart if he has tooooo much time. we have way too many penaltys. if i don’t show up here again it’s cause i am watching the game with a bunch of packer backers this is our year!

wing_nutt3

You gotta love to watch Hovan eat Favre , it’s like the guy came out of the bar looking for a fight , I love it…. Tim

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Alright guys, let me have it. I have been running my mouth for a while about how bad the Packers are and then they come out and hand the Vikes their butts. If Favre and the gang would play with that intensity all year they would have a great team. (I can’t believe I just said that.) Anyway you Packer fans feel free to feed me all the crow you want. Just remember though that if the packers can get their act together real fast they might meet the Vikes again this year in the playoffs.

Gator Hunter

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

I’ve been waiting for them to play like that all year. Great win in a hostile atmosphere. Favre has been a great player since ’92 and I’m glad I had the chance to watch him play.
    The Viking just look they have the propensity to quit when things get a little tough. McCombs did them no favors last week after the Giants game. They are lucky because they have the chance to get back on track against two lousy teams the next two weeks while the Pack has Philly and Tampa.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I will cheer for the Vikes but when you play “D” that poorly I had a hard time cheering at all.

Tip of the hat to the Pack. The game plan worked out very well.

PS. All hardcore Football Fans, you are so much better off picking a College team DI, DII, or DII and cheer for them. At least you know you always get a great effort and they still do it for the love of the game!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Fishing while listening to a college game ROCKS! I got to do it once…………….a guy on shore was blasting it off of his deck and I was catching panfish with the kiddies in a nearby reed bed…………I loved it! Some reason though………….I keep forgetting the radio when I go fishing!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I’ll give credit where credit is due. The packers won! Hey, look at it this way, even a blind squirel will find a nut once in a while……..

rmartin
    United States

“You gotta love to watch Hovan eat Favre , it’s like the guy came out of the bar looking for a fight , I love it….” Tim

Thats funny, because Hovan did not do squat!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

Hey Gang:

It feels a little better over here in Packerland!!! One of the most complete running attacks that I have seen GB put forth in years. Farve looked pretty good for being hurt and is now 7-2 after coming back from bye week injuries. Our defense has scared me all fall and I had to hold my breath when they were on the field the whole second half!!! Interesting stat, from the AFC, the last four years champs have been 4-4 before doing big things.

Right now I want a crack at ‘dem Chiefs!!!

Mark

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

The Pack already had their chance at KC and blew it. Better luck next year. J/K By the way, it feels waaay better being a lifelong Chiefs fan! Next victim: Cleveland.

Mark

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

The Pack already had their chance at KC and blew it. Better luck next year. J/K By the way, it feels waaay better being a lifelong Chiefs fan! Next victim: Cleveland.

Better than what? (…….poke, poke…………)

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Better than he’s feeling over there in Packerland.

Mark

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

How sweet it is to be 9-0!!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Having soft schedule doesn’t hurt either. Just don’t get punked by the Bengals. Enjoy that 3rd softest remaining schedule. Pray you don’t have to play the Titans in the post season.

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

You’re right, it doesn’t hurt at all, but the real reason they’re on top of the NFL right now is because every game they come out to play 4 quarters, OT if needed. They don’t quit. That whole “3rd softest schedule” thing is a bunch of garbage if you ask me anyways. I mean, really, can you honestly categorize a team’s opponents as soft until the season is completely over? I don’t think so. Look at the Queens. I’m sure if they were on a team’s schedule it would be considered a not-soft team up until three weeks ago. Now, anyone who has to play them in an upcoming game is celebrating because it’s like another bye week for them.

Mark

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Look at the Queens. I’m sure if they were on a team’s schedule it would be considered a not-soft team up until three weeks ago. Now, anyone who has to play them in an upcoming game is celebrating because it’s like another bye week for them.

Mark, seriously…….have you been drinking bong water? Dooode let’s look at the teams the Chefs(great googily moogily) have to finish against.

Cincinnati
    Oakland
    San Diego( yeah, they beat MN. Every dog has it’s day)
    Denver
    Detroit
    Minn
    Chicago

4 out of those 7 are perennial fodder for the grinder. Oakland and Denver shouldn’t pose a problem as they have to try and find a QB. Minnesota……I’d rather have them fall apart now instead of the post season. I’m not saying the Chefs don’t show up for every game and I’m not saying they are a bad team either. That 9-0 record has come from teams that for the most part aren’t going anywhere.(sorry green bay) Outside of the Vikings, the teams on the rest of the Chefs schedule appear to be headed down the tubes.

As for the Vikings being a bye week on anyone’s schedule? I’ve got one word for ya.

MYOPIC
    Pronunciation:   mI’âpik
    Matching Terms:   myopia
    WordNet Dictionary

Definition:  

1. [adj]  lacking foresight or scope; “a short view of the problem”; “shortsighted policies”; “shortsighted critics derided the plan”; “myopic thinking”

Synonyms:   improvident, nearsighted, short, shortsighted, unforesightful

LundExplorer

Boy it sure is funny how all the “GO VIKES” spoutin’ on this thread dropped off after the Pack ate their lunch on 11/2.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

Boy it sure is funny how all the “GO VIKES” spoutin’ on this thread dropped off after the Pack ate their lunch on 11/2.

…………my support hasn’t gone anywhere…………I just like speaking with an honest approach. If my favorite team is sucking wind and playing poorly, I’ll say so………….but I’ll never stop cheering for them!

GO VIKES!!!!!!

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Come on, G.C., don’t let that jealousy cloud your vision. Stay focused. Don’t avoid the issue. You know as well as I do that the Queens’ wins have come against teams that are worse than almost all of the teams the Chiefs will play. Let’s be real here, SF basically played for you, you played GB when they were at their worst and have since shown a marked improvement, and the rest of the teams we just won’t comment on. You also know that a lot of the Chiefs’ wins came against teams who had a really good day. To me, this season comes down to four games: 1) Denver, 2) Denver, 3) Queens, 4) Superbowl. As long as the Chiefs win all four of those games, life is good because my positive cash flow will increase a whole heck of a lot.

Mark

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

For this one I am the guy with the cup half empty…

1. I grew up in Vikings country and always was a fan; age has tempered that knowing that they always let me down!
    This year holds true again, but I am not nearly as peeved as years past.

2. I am married to a Packer fan that is from packer country.
    This year Pack are not a good football team either!
    The most annoying thing is her family, Live and die the pack. I can appreciate the loyalty but there Football knowledge is zilch.
    Vike and Pack fans it will be a difficult and dissapointing year for both.

Go to a good college game. Down here Winona State will play for a spot in the DII NCAA play-offs against UM-Duluth. It should be a great game.
    You could also see many fo the Wisconsin DIII schools who do a fine job!
    OK I will now return to my cup half full mentality.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

This Vike’s fan has not gone anywhere. With the way the Pack is playing the Vikes may not need another win to take the division.

Gator Hunter

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Us Vikings Fans are still here, we will not let this post die even if they do not win another game. Win or lose I will be a Vikings fan till the day I die

That is one thing I do admire about Packer fans they stand by there team through thick and thin, I wish MN had more fans like that

GO VIKINGS!!!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

gator hunter:

The Pack ain’t dead yet, damn close though!!! I tend to think that unless the Vikes shore up their defense though, the Pack still has a chance to win the division. (Vikes have tie-breaker?)

Steve: Here-here to being a fan!!! One of my disappointments with many Vikings fans is their ability to leave the room if things do not go well. I have always had a problem with that.

Mark: Now that the Chiefs have lost, no real bubble has been burst. Hell by the time this is over they (Bengals) will be the winners of their division. When not rooting for the Pack, I got a soft spot for dem Chiefs. Vermeil, Green, Holmes, Dawson, Otis, Bell, etc. It ain’t over til its over and I agree with your assessment that you really don’t know how strong your opponents are until the end of the season (damn Cardinals). Injuries can play a big part of any team’s downfall.

Good luck to all, just great ribbin’ each other in a friendly sort of way!!!

Mark

2Fishy4U

Hi Haywood, love your family of Packer Fans. I am from Winona and watched the Pack from the 1950’s through now. Tobin Rote, Lamar McHan, et al and then Bart Starr and Lombardi.

I am not going to predict who will win the division, but can’t wait to hear the Minnesota crybabies starting with Randy Moss. The thing about the Pack is no one bitches and it is truly a team. ditto for the fans. Win or lose I absolutely love this team and the offensive line looks great.

Brett Farve, despite a mediocre year exemplies that spirit, and I doubt any of you V-Queens fans can say that about Moss or Culpepper.

Stick with your family and switch.

Viewing 30 posts - 121 through 150 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.