Somerset, WI

Kleinsasser for MVP??????

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

2-0 baby!!! Go Vikes!!

Gator Hunter

big dad
    Rochester, Minnesota

I don’t know about MVP. More like VVD (very valuable diversion) Nice for the Vikes to get something working (like a running game) besides Moss. This running game and things like passing to the backs should serve to free Moss up a little more. I have heard comments from several announcers/commentators about the constant double and triple teaming of Moss – EVERYONE knew something else had to be open. The only real trouble I see right now is the lack of the “finish em off” killer instinct.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I agree, that ‘finish ’em off’ desire or lack there of must be a gene passed down from coach to coach, starting way back when Bud Grant coached them. I can’t remember when the Vikes had a laugher of a football game. The mindset must be, get an adequate lead and run the prevent defense only hoping to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. I want a blowout and I want it against Green Bay.

Sincerely,
    Les Steckel

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

1998, Lambeau Field……………humiliated the Packers. That was one of our last “laughable” wins!

No killer instinct? What about the interception at the end to seal the deal? It’s nice to see what resembles the image of a defense again! 2 Stewart sacks in a row pushing them back for a 42 yardline FG! It’s nice to see some D### again!

As for the offense…………..all they need is to find the stride and we’ll be a top team this season!

2-0 BABY!!!!

BTW…………..Detroit still chokes the best!……………..Dead from the first play of the game!

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

Quote:

Chiefs? who are the Chiefs?

Think hard. Oh, that’s right. That’s one of the teams that spanked the Vikes in a Superbowl. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! By the way, Dec. 20th is a sure loss for the Vikes. You may want to get your ing out of the way now.

Mark

skippy783
    Dysart, IA

I’m glad to see you put that mw…its nice to know i’m not the only smart one around here. Everyone is so happy about the Vikes and their 2-0 record right now, but wait til they play a decent team(cause the pack and the bears dont cut it)…its gonna be something like this
    GO CHIEFS!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

All right VIKES 3 & 0

23 to 13

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

OH YEAH!!
    Anybody see the final score of the Packer game?
    LOL

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Those pics are awesome Steve. Keep them coming.

Gator Hunter

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Oh yeah, lets not forget the Twins. They are playing awesome ball right now and will be a threat to any team in the playoffs. For the first time all year they have pitching, hitting, and fielding all working for them. Bring on the Yankees.

Gator Hunter

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Lookin Good!!!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

What a great weekend to be a Minnesota sports fan. Vikes go 3-0, the Twins are on the cusp of a 2nd straight division win, the Gopher football team is 4-0, granted they have only played cupcakes. Even the Wild got into the act winning a pre-season game 9-1!!!
    Steve

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Vikings Roll to 4th Win 35-7

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

now we get a bye week then we find out how tough we really are….1 more win and we tie last years win record….

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

WOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

This is great stuff! Imagine what we’ll do when the team puts 4 quarters together!!!

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Maybe what they should do is scrimmage a local college team for 20 minutes before each game. That way they’ll be warmed up real good and be ready to play from the opening kick off.
    Steve

mwchiefs
    Red Wing, MN

You mean to tell me the five teams they’ve played are actually considered PRO????!!!!! Geez……

Mark

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Well, anyone who went to bed @ 10:00 last night thinking the Colts v Bucs game was over missed the greatest comeback in NFL history. Lucky I had some work to do around the house, otherwise I’d have missed it too!

That honey-do list comes in handy for once, go figure.

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

Gianni,
    I know what you mean. I closed my eyes for a moment when the Colts scored to make it 21-35, and I woke just a short time later to see that it was in overtime! What a game. That was just fun to watch.
    The baseball game on earlier was also an incredible game. Bases loaded, 2 outs, bottom of the 9th, down by a run, you get a hit/walk or your season is over. What do you do? You watch strike 3.
    With the Twins out, it would be fun to see a Red Sox/Cubs world series.
    Steve

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The Bucs/Colts game may be one of the best I have seen. I do think the Bucs got the raw end of the call on the penalty on the kick in overtime.

Gator Hunter

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

There were a string of bad calls in Q4 & overtime that I thought would surely hand the game over to whichever team benefitted. The on-side recovery (the replay sure made it look like a Colt’s ball, no?), the ‘running into the kicker’ first down (what a joke), and the leaping call.

Every one, all I could think was, “I didn’t stay up this late to watch the refs anoint a winner.”

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

I didn’t watch the game at all but heard about it this morning. down 35-14………….how does that compare to the Bills/Oilers playoff game when Reich, back-up QB for the injured Kelly, led them to the current NFL comeback record. I witnessed that game in the ’80’s (somewhere) and cheered the whole time because I didn’t care for Moon and the (then) Houston Oilers. That victory led to the Giants/Bills Super Bowl game that Christie missed the field goal as the clock ran out and lost the first of 4 straight Super Bowl appearances by the Bills. There’s a lot of unique NFL hsitory linked to that season by the Bills……………it was a fun year for stats!

Anyway, does anyone know how last night’s game measures up?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I think this comeback was even more surprising. I think that Tampa was up by 21 with only 4 minutes to go. Besides, Houston never had the kind of defense that Tampa is known for.
    I remember watching that game too. Does that mean that we are getting old?

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Older………………..but better lookin’!

ilbfishn
    Winona, MN

Actually, that Bills vs Oilers game was in 1992, and they ended up getting romped by the Cowboys. See, I’m not as OLD as you guys and have much fewer games to recall.

Just givin’ ya a hard time.

Chad

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

’92? Now you’ve got me scramblin’! I watched the second half of that game at my parent’s house, but I moved out (the 2nd time!) in ’91. Hmmmm…………….makes me wonder what I was doin’ out there? I could’ve watched football at my own pad……………

Anyway…………about the jokin’ with me………..feel free! I’m sorta like a forum “punching bag”. Every now and then, if you just need a quick chuckle, just take a poke at “the Pup”, I’m good for it! Unless of course, that gets boring. Then maybe you can get creative with Beach “the tree magnet” Brian or ………….nahh, he’ll do for starters.

B.Brian…………..I’m sooooo going to earn whatever it is you’ve got up your sleeve!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 238 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.