Red Cedar river?

• stuart
    Mn.

When did the cedar river change to the red cedar river?After Rath packing left i never saw it run red.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

I think James added the “Red”. It shows that someone is paying attention though. Hope you enjoy the posts and the pictures.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Isn’t it the Red Cedar down there too? I mean, it is up in Austin where it starts?…lol Does it get progressively less and less RED as it flows through IA until it just becomes “The Cedar?” I’ll change it!…lol

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Apparently it’s only red in and around Hormel.

Bait up with a chunk of spam and have at ’em.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Nope. Won’t work. Hormel’s caught all the cedar cats and made THEM into spam. We do still have a rare bullhead or two here and there but they don’t like cats, er spam, too much.

stuart
    Mn.

I figuered it was a small mistake and got a chuckle out of it.Please do keep the reports and photos up,i have very good memories of growing up fishing the cedar from gilbertville to vinton.I was raised in washburn.IF you ever got a ride for a penny a pound in an airplane at the town fairs back in the late sixties early seventies,that was my fathers plane,I was the little [censored] hanging around begging to go fishing.

leinieman
    Chippewa Valley (Dunnville Bottoms)

Maybe it was confused with the Red Cedar flowing through Wisconsin and dumping into the Chippewa. It’s not real red either though but has a nice shade of green going right now. Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.