Max McGee

• Brian Robinson
    central Neb

Man, I was hoping that was not what this post was going to say when I saw it. That sucks. One of my favorite football cards of all time is an old McGee card I bought, just because I liked the sneer he was making on the card.

One of the best stories of all time is when he was called upon during Super Bowl I. He had gone out the night before and just got hammered and partied it up, because he was certain he wouldn’t see any playing time the next day. Due to injury, he was the main man catching passes and was a big part in the Packers’ victory. Great story.

bigpike

I enjoyed listening to Max and Jim Irwin for many years on Packer radio network. The guy seemes very genuine. Fell off the roof of his house probably cleaning gutters, the guy was worth millions and here he is at 75 years of age cleaning his own gutters……May God rest his soul.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Who? Oh not hockey Too bad though. Great read.

catmando
    wis

A sad sad day, for his family and for all of Packerland.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

Wow bad deal.I’d like know how many hundreds of hours I listened to his color analysis for Jim Irwin.I’d be working and listening to the Packer games and when we SUCKED,Max could keep the broadcast entertaining.Then when we got good,Max was just a treat.His wry humor and sarcasim will be missed..

Rest in peace Max.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.