New Addition to Field Staff – Mike Smith

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

We’re very happy to announce the addition of Mike “Hooked on Fishing” Smith to the In-Depthangling.com Team of Field Staff Reporters. Mike owns the Hooked on Fishing Tackle shop in Rochester, MN and runs the areas most complete bait shop which includes live bait, a great selection of fishing tackle, rods (he makes more custom St. Croixs than anyone I know) as well as offering a very inexpensive and comprehensive reel repair service.

A bit more about Mike “Hooked On Fishing” Smith, in his own words… “I am the owner of Hooked On Fishing Bait & Tackle in Rochester. We advertise ourselves as the place to get information, and this (working with In-Depth) would be a natural extension. I have fished this area for over 40 years, and actually catch fish most of the time. I enjoy a variety of fish and fishing methods, and am comfortable fishing in lakes, rivers and streams.

Mike will be moderating the new Rochester Area Forum as well as regularly contributing to the Mississippi River / Lake Pepin talk we enjoy now on In-Depth. Should you want to contact Mike directly, he can be reached at:
    [email protected] or you can browse directly to his website at: http://www.hookedonfishingtackle.com

Welcome Mike! We all look forward to your contributions here!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I feel the need to drop a plug here for Mike’s business as the recent user of one of his services…

I had some Daiwa Linecounters that needed some work. One I literally dug up out of Pepin some time ago. It was a wreck. A couple others needed new springs after 6 years of use. One more had literally been squashed by a XXXXXL-sized fellow I guide when he stepped on it coming into the boat.

From drop-off time to the time I received an e-mail from Mike telling me to come get my reel? 3 days. Done. And they’re as good as new… if not better. And the cost was unbelieveably reasonable. I figured there’s got to be a bunch of guys out there looking for parts or fixes for their reels and I’d recommend Mike in an instant.

Thanks much Mike and good luck with the site!

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Welcome to the staff Mike . For those of you who have never been to Mikes shop, stop in and say HI sometime. He has just about everything a guy would need, and if he doesn’t, I do know he will try and order it for ya

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Welcome Mike!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Welcome aboard Mike! I’ll have to come visit you sometime and see about a repair or …………… ten!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Mike !!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Welcome aboard Mike. Look forward to chatting with you on the new Rochester Area Forum. For those of you who do not know Mike, he prides himself in carrying the latest fishing catching tackle and best livebait in this area. He has an excellent selection of custom made rods with St. Croix blanks and he will make a rod to your specs too if you wish. This store has been completely rearranged and stocked by Mike. Stop in and say hi and pick up the much needed fishing items for that next fishing outting. Thanks, Bill

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Welcome aboard Mike.

Gator Hunter

hof
    Rochester, MN

Hi Guys!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Looking forward to lots of fun and conversations!

Good Fishing,
    Mike

scottsteil
    Central MN

Welcome aboard Mike, looking forward to your reports!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.