What? No Lions, Vikings, Bears or, oh my, Packers?

• FRIVERS2

Hey, thanks for the post. It is ironic that when the Pack is concerned only Vike fans mention Super Bowl. Maybe old dreams come back, when Hank Stram and the Chiefs made the Queens look like the dumbest team in Pro Football.

As for your comments regarding the Pack, they are right on. We hope to make the Playoffs and will go from there. My hunch is Brett will have his best year in the last five or so. Less TD passes, but also less turnovers and more ball control, albeit it may come from the short passing game.

bigfritzzz
    hudson

T-JACK
    GO BREW CREW!!!!!
    PACKERS ROCK!

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Quote:

Is anyone in the North ever gonna find a QB better than Favre before he hits 50????

LOL!!! That is a good one!!!

Hey wats…I won’t hold it against you that you are a Burrow’s fan…

Ted

impalapower
    Madison, WI

There must not be too many Viking fans out there. They can’t fill up the stadium for home games and to my understanding the TV station has to buy up some tickets so it can be televised and the station can get their revenue.

On the other hand, there is a waiting list of something like 37,000 or 57,000 fans waiting to get season tickets to Lambeau. I have tickets to take some of my clients to games. Packer tickets for my customers generates me $$$$.

So no matter how bad the Packers play, there will always be someone wanting to go. Last summer there was a top 10 sporting activities to see before you die. Going to Lambeau was one of them.

bigpike

Actually my buddy just had a daughter and put her name on the list, it currently over 80,000……

impalapower
    Madison, WI

Quote:

Actually my buddy just had a daughter and put her name on the list, it currently over 80,000……

Holy smokes! Thats one long waiting list. It would be interesting to know how long it would take for her to get tickets. I imagine not in her lifetime, but you never know.

FRIVERS2

A bit off subject but we were at Lambeau last weekend for the Dock Dogs Championships sponsored by Fleet Farm. My son’s dog “Jumpin George” took first for the second year in a row.

As for the Pack, they are the only team left in the US that transends sports.

Someone mentioned names like Scott Hunter, Brockington, Forrest Gregg, Jerry Tagge, Magic Don, McArthur Lane and all those guys that preceded Vince Lombardi.

But how many of you remember names like Tobin Rote, Al Carmichael, Tom Bettis, Fred Cone, Babe Parelli, etc. Those teams were horrible, I believe winning only one gane the year before Vince Lonmbardi showed up.

My point is for whatever reason us Packer Fans stick with the team, good or bad. And we know they will never leave Green Bay.

It does go a bit beyond that, because there is no better franchise on the planet then the Green Bay Packers.

As for the Vikes fans, how silly to harbor so much resentment toward the Green Bay Packers.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

As stated earlier in this thread it’s “Lord Favre” and the twelve.

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.