What? No Lions, Vikings, Bears or, oh my, Packers?

• riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

I’m surprised to find to current thread onthe central division games. I’ll fire one up.

The Bear’s defense continues to smoke the competition whilst their offense looks for clue on what to do. Come on guys, I know you’ve got it in you!

The Packer’s look to have had a slightly worse defensive game today, maybe. But they had some offensive that wouldn’t stop. The Pack needs to figure out how to pick up a good blitz, as do the Bear’s. But for certain the Pack look to be in better form than many, myself included, thought they’d be.

I’m not sure what happened with the Lion’s and Vikes today but I bet some here can fill in the blanks. I did hear Ferguson dropped an easy pass for the Vikes. Too bad, he used to do that in Title Town too.

perchprincess

I’m sure the packer’s fans have purchased their superbowl tickets already, But they will still have to play my beloved bears. Poor offense and all, the defense and special teams still kick some butt.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Bears, Packers, Vikings?????
    Who cares, Denver pulled off another win against the “Land of the Misfits” Raiders That is all that really matters to me
    Although I am a little saddened that Favre took the record from Elway

honda75
    Iowa

Who is denver is that a football team????????????????

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grossman needs a swift kick in the

bigpike

The Vikings and the Bears are in last place so they don’t even count, do they? I’m trying to figure out who has the worst starting QB, T Jack or Hex Grossman! Lord Favre throws three TD’s, now has more wins than any QB in history proving once again he reigns over all things NFC North or atleast all things NFC East beating Philthydelphia and NY Midgets. I think if the Packers pick up the Green Bay high school wide outs and TE he would make them look all pro. Is anyone in the North ever gonna find a QB better than Favre before he hits 50????

luer
    Colfax,Wi

The World Champion Green Bay Packers put a whoopin on the giants.A whoopin I tell ya!

The Vikettes fell to the lions in OT.The former Packer members now wearing purple showed why they aren’t worthy of green and gold.Sharper got an owie,Ferguson figured passes look better when dropped and Longwell decided to hit,not split the uprights.The game winner Longwell blew was a bummer (if you prefer winning).

I didn’t see dabears,but the way I see it there will be a three way shoot-out in the NFC North,Packers,Packers,Packers.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

“Lord Favre”
    ////////////////////////////////

nuff said

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

The Giants made the Pack look good.
    It has been a while since I have seen a pro team with a complete lack of desire like the NY Giants.
    Offense this year will be spotty but I liked the way Favres young defense swarmed to the ball and made alot of big plays.
    Hey,with this team,2and 0 is ok!! Go Pack!!!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

As far as the Lions and Vikes go… the Announcers said it best… It came down to who DIDN’T want to win it the most. ugh. I think there were 10 turn-overs??? And I have talked to a guy at work who said that Tavaris was the most under-rated QBs. He has researched the footage of him in College. So, I have kept an open mind these last couple of games. I know it is his first full year as a starter. But I really have to say that the kid makes some really stupid decisions. I would have felt better with him pulling it in and taking a sack than throwing it up and having those interceptions. The guy had a couple other throws that weren’t intercepted that probably could have been because of the pressure he felt.

I wish the Vikes would sign on a real QB… maybe we would have a team.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Wow!!!!! The green and gold bandwagon is getting full!!! It will soon have vacancies once again. Week four boys and girls.

FRIVERS2

I think Lenny and the rest of the Vike fans forgot to post because of Brett’s poor performance (he-he).

After all, the old guy that completed 80% of his second half passes for only three TD’s is about washed up.

Lord knows the rest of the teams in that division have better QB’s and their fans just didn’t want to rub it in and make us Packer Fans feel worse then we already do today, after not winning by at least 40 points.

Plus, Brett’s decision making was so bad he couldn’t even hang on to the darn football for a few seconds. He had to throw it almost immediatey and was just darn lucky ten or so different receivers managed to catch a pass or so.

This thing will come down to a race between the Bears and Pack, and my hunch is as long as the Bears stick will Rex Grossman, the Pack will end up in first place despite that horrible QB they have (he-he again).

luer
    Colfax,Wi

no jumpin on my end,I stuck with em through Gregg,Star,Devine,Infonte so on and so on.I remember celebrating FIRST downs( Whitehurst,Hadle,Wright,and so on).

I am true GREEN and GOLD…

2-0 and gettin ready to put a whoopin on the unChargers.

luer
    Colfax,Wi

I ain’t countin the lions out..that is a vastly improved club with recievers up the wazoo (whatever a wazoo is).

bigpike

I’m not counting anyone out but for now the pack and the lions reign supreme. Last year both the Giants and Philthy were playoff teams and have all the same pieces for the playoff run this year, good wins for the packers no matter how many excuses you make up for them. This week the Pack gets a fired up San Diego team at home, should be an interesting barometer as to were they are at…..

bigpike

Here is a little stat for you all- Since the playoffs expanded in 1990, 65% of teams that started 2-0 made the playoffs. Bring on the post season!!!

howler
    bagley wi.

Anybody smell fish ?

luer
    Colfax,Wi

I’m with ya on the “test” this weekend.Whoopin NFC playoff teams is a wonderful thing,whoopin an AFC contender will finally silence the critics.I’ve watched this defense gel starting about mid season last year.In my humble opinion they are as good as anybody.Favre will be Favre,when hot it doesn’t matter WHO he throws to.When cold,he could have a corp of hall of famers and STILL throw interceptions.The only way to stop the pics is from the coach.Holmgren could stop him,McCarthy can stop him,Sherman could not.
    Whoop them unChargers,whoop em!

luer
    Colfax,Wi

naw I fished all afternoon ,I listen to the World Champion Green Bay Packers on the radio.
    I don’t smell like fish, I got skunked….again.

big_g
    Isle, MN

65 %, WOW Thats like 15 % over half !!! Who will own the record for most Career interceptions ? (provided Tavaris does not play 15 seasons) If the Pack and the Lions reign supreme, your hurting. I didn’t see any games yesterday, (better things to do when it is 60′ out and sunny), but I did see the lowlights. The Lions only won because the Vikings did not deserve to win yesterday. The Pack, needs to play SOMEBODY yet….to prove anything to me.

big g

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Some great points G.

And before we all get out of hand here. Did anyone watch the cheating Patriots last night? I don’t think anyone outside of New England will be bringing home a title. Especially not anyone in the NFC. Playoffs don’t mean much when there are 2 (maybe 3) teams in the AFC that would be favored by 12 over any NFC team.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

Wow, It looks like some Packer fans really like to here themselves talk. Just remember you have to have a well rounded team to be Super Bowl contenders. Good teams have a rushing and passing game. I would say 83 yards on 29 attempts is not World Champion caliber. I would hold off on the hotel reservations for the Super Bowl for a few more weeks.

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

The Packers defense is getting better every week. They still have some run block issues but they are good. However they are no where near the caliber defense the Bears have, very few are. But the Bears need to figure their offensive line out because as of now they are DOA. The defense and special teams (for the Bears) are second to none IMO.

The Vikes will be fighting the Lions for the bottom of the barrel. The Bears will take the title. These are my opinions obviously as no one has any real idea..

I will say the Packers have done better than many thought they would, based on their opponents success from last year that is.

big_g
    Isle, MN

The Vikes Jackson, should be bumping into Gross Man at the bottom of the barrel too…

Did you see the Viking defense numbers yesterday ?

bigpike

I don’t think any Packer fan in his right mind is talking super bowl, but to say it is unrealistic to get to the playoffs this year is just silly, I’m sure any team the Packers beat is just dumb luck according to the guru’s that post here from the viking fan’s and every Favre pick will be highlighted and scorned then laughed at, thats all fine. I’m just glad to see them turn the corner back around to being competetive, and I will enjoy every Farve play I get to watch, the legend looks lined up to break the TD record and the INT record against the mighty vikings in two weeks so it should make for alot of smack leading up to that game. Atleast the Vikings get to hang there victory on the Falcons and the Bears can hang there hat on the Chiefs, two teams without a dought are the most powerfull teams the league has ever seen…

bigpike

In there last 6 games, Bret Favre and the Packers are 6-0

honda75
    Iowa

Guys it is only week 2 of the season. Lets wait and talk after week 12 when there has been some games played.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Aren’t they one in the same….????

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Aren’t they one in the same….????

No…..not in cheesehead-land. It’s more like Jesus and the Apostles.

zimmy101
    Hager City Wisconsin

I made a point not to pick on the Packer or the Bears for playing so terrible today. I didn’t want to start off on you guys the first week of the season but since you boys brought it up here goes.

I didn’t see much of the Packers game….I live in Viking country so they only turned to the Pack after the Vikes took care of business.. but I did see enough to see Favre overthrow, underthrow, and generally miss everyone he attempted to throw to, oh, I almost forgot about the fumbling. As you say vintage Favre. All of this when the Eagles were short handed at d-back. As long as he is in the game the other team has a shot at winning. Shall we talk of there scorching running game????????? Did they break 40 yards running for the game???? They were dang lucky to get out of there with the win, we all know they sure did not earn the victory.

The Bears…..Well, they just suck!!!!!!!!!!!!! They have a QB that is actually worse than Brett Favre. I don’t think there is much else to say about that!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!!!!

This is your post from last week, Lenny! You seemed to have so much to say yet this week…. so QUIET!
    ….and as for your comment about living in
    VIKING COUNTRY ….last I looked at an area map…. Bay City is in Wisconsin!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.