New Home Page for us here at In-depthangling.com

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

We have a new front page for everyone to check out at http://www.in-depthangling.com (www.indepthangling.com will get you there too) Or you can simply click on “entrence” located in the top navigation bar on this page. It pulls all the most recent info from the lake side and river side of our website and presents it in one easy to browse “snap shot” of what’s available and happening right now in the forums and on our sites. If you check it out, let us know what you think of it. The info is there but I haven’t fancied it up yet with logs, graphics and colors, etc., but I do very much like how this page will keep all the available and most current info handy at our finger tips. Basically as soon as specific info goes up in the forums it’s immediately posted to the new home page announcing it’s presence.

Also, we have a new fishing reports system that is just about the coolest darn thing I’ve seen from the point of view that it allows totally automated reports updates, including photos, from any staff member from any location. Plus it’s searchable. More on this feature in time.

Let us know what you think. I’m anticipating that people won’t miss having to browse to 2 seperate home pages and 2 seperate reports systems to find the info we now have in one location!

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

Looks Awesume

I already deleted fishtheriver.com off my favorites and changed it to in-depth angling

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Lot’s of cool new links that need to be checked out frequently! There is a new feature called “Shout Box”. Kinda like a mini chat room that is “Live” 24/7. Click on over there and see what people are shouting about and add your 2 cents worth.

Jon J.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The new home page rocks.

Gator Hunter

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

This is sweet. Keep it up big guy.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Cool new site!
    I am being way nosey but if you can let us know, why the change in websites ect?
    If you do not want to get into it no big deal. The forum is great and you guys do a terrific job.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Why the change? Fair question I guess. But I’m not going to say too much but let me tell you this… it was about direction and control. The staff here and I were NOT happy with some organizational aspects of the old situation, we put our head’s together and decided to just jump ship, leave the old site and start anew…

It was either that or just fold up shop and get day jobs. And we all know that wasn’t going to happen….lol

In 2 weeks everyone will have forgotten the change. We’ve got the best systems and staff… I’ve been watching our activity and traffic closely today and we’ve rarely fell below 40 people on-line at one time.

Onwards and upwards!

SNAKEYES
    Iowa

See what happens, I spend a couple of months away, doing a little fishing and all these changes are made while I’m gone… but I sure like the changes. Good job James!!!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Love the new look! Look for bigger and better things to come! Major company affiliations are right around the corner, James will be filling everyone in in the near future!
    Tuck

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Things look bright.

Hey buddy, time for a new mug shot. The dreaded “red X” just doesn’t do you justice. Send it out to [email protected] and we’ll set you right up!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

James,
    I sent my photo to the email address. What does a guy do from there?

Gary

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Not a darn thing. Ecnook or I will get it posted for you just as soon as we’re able. Lots going on lately behind the scenes… I’ve been at this since middle of last week straight basically, so it might be tomorrow before we get that taken care of. But your part is done now. thanks for sending it!

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Thanks for the Info James. Onward and upward things have just continued to get better as the years have gone past. Keep up the FANTASTIC job!

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Great work James. You got this done ASAP!

I didn’t realize I looked that good!!!

Congrats on your big move. Keep up the great work!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks guys. Will do…!

ilbfishn
    Winona, MN

I didn’t think it was possible, but it is a definate upgrade.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Nothing so far but positive feedback… and I promise, you guys haven’t seen nuttin’ yet!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

With all this great feedback, we need to see a “Dancing James” graemlin!

Maybe Jon J. could bring the digital down and you can do your best “Spiderman” impersonation from “the tube”!

bass addict
    Eagan, MN

You guys will do OK. Keep up with what works and whats’ right.

Shane Hildebrandt
    Blaine, mn

hey FTR staff,

You guys have done a great job with this website. I think that we all should just for you all that keep this up. good job and keep at it.

shane

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I think that this is a nice change too. I’ve been gone a while and came back to such a surprise as this. There is a problem though. My FTR hat is now outdated. I used that hat to direct at least a dozen people to this site this summer. All people from out of the area wondering where they can get good info before heading over. New hats coming out? Replace mine for free, or do I just continue with the old one?
    I took such good care of it too. Looks like new even though I wore it almost every day. My favorite hat. What should I do? I talked to my FTR hat when the fish wern’t biting. It was a friend. A good friend. How can I replace my hat. Help!

Eric Ahlstrom
    Grand Rapids, MN

Man, I go off and fish tournaments all summer and when I get back to school and start thinking about fall fishing I find out I have a new web site to look through. Looks great. I still have to look around a bit but you guys always do a great job. So Keep it up and you can see me and my brown ranger sometime this fall. Time for me to go to Probability and Stats.

Eric Ahlstrom

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

The changes are great, James. Keep up the good work.

Any chance we could re-size the shout box so that words don’t wrap underneath the scrollbar? Possible this is a function of my settings, at home the wife doesn’t like me running more than 800×600 (don’t ask). I’ll check it out at work next week.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Gianni, go with 1024×768 this will help a lot !! There will be a new chat box down the road but till then….. just go to your desk top and right click, left click on properties,left click on settings,then where it says screen area, scroll the tab bar over till you see it say 1024×768.

redneck
    Rosemount

This new site is great and I like the lay-out and all but I miss the old FTR. Will there be hats with IDA on them? Will our wives all be questioning us about this “IDA”? Didn’t I see her name on that little bar I go by when I leave Everts? I’m old and set in my ways but I guess I’ll get use to IDA, hope she cleans fish though.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

In time we will have a whole line of clothing to put out. I do believe James has the artist corraled(sp) somewhere working on it right now.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I’ve been getting several letters from users of this site reguarding the old name and the old format. Here is a copy of one of those letters.

Quote:

Dave:
    I haven’t gotton use to it yet. I do miss not having the river stage or I have not been able to find where it is! -) Is Electronic Fishing Network out of existance? Is Fish the River and Fish the Lake no longer in existance? Did they just change their name to In-Depth Angling? I didn’t understand the title change and the structure that the various titles represented. That all. It is a great fishing forum. I do go to Walleye Central, quite a bit but it gets to be a lot of whining and bragging about a certain products and it gets away from fishing and techniques used to catch fish. I liked Fish the River because it is local, and it does include lakes that I frequent. Winnie, Mille Lacs etc. I really don’t want to spend a lot of time reading stuff on Lake Ontario or Erie as I don’t fish them and if I would, I would not fish them with my boat.

Bob

were on the right track guys…keep it up

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Even at the 800 X 600 setting you ca neliminate the scrolling by opening the shout box in its own window. Do so by clicking on the text “shout box” at the top of the shout box itself.

Quote:

The changes are great, James. Keep up the good work.

Any chance we could re-size the shout box so that words don’t wrap underneath the scrollbar? Possible this is a function of my settings, at home the wife doesn’t like me running more than 800×600 (don’t ask). I’ll check it out at work next week.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.