Your Trunk is Not a Safe Place!

• SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I found out the hard way. Last week on vaction we took the kids to a large water park. After we parked and got all the items we needed from the trunk, my wife left her purse and I took a 20$ for snacks(wasnt enough ) from my wallet and placed it there also. I did not want to leave my wallet in a bag on a deck chair while we were away enjoying the park. We came out of the park much later in the day ,threw everything back in the trunk grabbed my wallet and headed back to the motel. To shorten up this story all of my cash was removed from my wallet and my wifes purse with no damage done to the car and no clues on how they got in. I could not see any signs of forced entry. We were not the only car hit that day and I am sure they were watching us while we were unloading.I would sure like to know how they did it. Of course we have keyless remote to unlock the trunk and door.Could someone have figured out how to match the signal given off by the remote?I would like to hear your thoughts/best guess. Thanks Dave

barebackjack
    New Prague, MN.

If you have the trunk release button inside of your vehicle thatll do it also. I havent kept anything of value in my car at all since I had around 4-5000 worth of CDs stolen from the trunk of my car, it aint worth it anymore, too many people looking for a free ride out there

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

dont want to sound like the nay-sayer here, but any chance you left the car unlocked?? and like the above said – they just popped the trunk from the inside?

DaveB
    Inver Grove Heights MN

My trunk monkey works great. 5 years now and no problems except for some extra cleaning.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

That truck monkey stuff is great. Well worth the extra clean up I think. .And Slop, I have been known to do something like that, but when you lock it it cherps the horn so I am pretty sure I locked it. Even if I did not the thief would have to be trying every car in the line hoping to find one that is unlocked and that seems unlikely. I wouldnt think the thieves down at branson were that advanced to decode the remote but I believe it might have happened.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

A friend of mine has a honda pilot, and any honda pilot key will unlock the door on her pilot. She found out the hard way when somebody swiped a bunch of stuff from her car.

impalapower
    Madison, WI

When you lock it, check all the doors, one of them might not be locking. Then they gain access and get in the trunk.

clintm
    mazeppa mn

Could be someone working at a dealership when I worked at a ford dealership about 12 years ago we had a remote that opened all fords with keyless entry

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.