Vic pleads guilty!!!!

• ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

I can’t believe he pled guilty to being involved with the dog killings!!!! Vic Pleads guilty!!

Ed

birddog
    Mn.

I can believe it. He is guilty, everybody and their brother knows it, pile of evidence against him and his associates flipped on him, he was screwed. He goes to trial he gets BURRIED! Takes the deal and saves some time in the slammer, he did what was best for him…plea agreement. The sooner he gets out of jail the sooner he gets back on the field, someone will pick him up.

BIRDDOG

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

According to the radio this morning, he actually is getting off light. Something about only pleading guilty to the gambling aspect vs. animal cruelty?? I didn’t quite follow it. If this is the case, it sounds like the case is heading in the direction I expected. He will get a slap on the wrist just like all first time offenders. Anyone done any research on the typical sentence for first time offenders for this offense???

ederd
    Northeast Iowa, Randalia

According to Yahoo Sports he also admitted he helped kill the dogs.

Ed

shayla

If he gets more than two years probation and community service I would be amazed!

Now, any of the rest of us would rot in jail for a LONG TIME because we aren’t “celebrities”.

jldii

Personaly….I hope they do the same to him as he did to some of those dogs………tie a 5 gallon bucket around his head and fill it with water!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’d be surprised if he’s not on the field next year. There’s too many people willing to take up his cause.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

I’m with Tom, this is just another “Hooker with a heart of gold” story waiting to happen……….

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I think this judge is going to make an example of Vick, prosecutors are looking for 12 to 18 months, but the judge has ignored prosecutors in the past and given sentences up to twice of what the sentencing guidelines are. I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets 4-10 years.

He also got suspended from the NFL indefinitely for his involvement with gambling, a direct violation of the NFL’s personal conduct policy

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Guess you guy’s have not been following it too close.

He’s going to Federal Prison it sounds like a year he won’t be playing in the NFL this year or Next year for sure.

kooty
    Keymaster

I admit, I’m only getting bits and pieces of info. At this point, I’m still too skeptical of our legal system when it comes to celebrities. Even if this judge whacks him good, I think(don’t quote me) the appeals system could change this if the judge breaks precedent.

As much as I think these losers deserve to be kicked out out of his or her respective job whether it be acting or playing football. I think we all know in the back of our minds we will see Vick on the back of a jersey again very soon. How many of the thugs in the NFL in the last 5 years have been completely banned?? Sadly, it’s partially my fault, cuz I’ll go to more games again this year.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

Quote:

I admit, I’m only getting bits and pieces of info. At this point, I’m still too skeptical of our legal system when it comes to celebrities. Even if this judge whacks him good, I think(don’t quote me) the appeals system could change this if the judge breaks precedent.

As much as I think these losers deserve to be kicked out out of his or her respective job whether it be acting or playing football. I think we all know in the back of our minds we will see Vick on the back of a jersey again very soon. How many of the thugs in the NFL in the last 5 years have been completely banned?? Sadly, it’s partially my fault, cuz I’ll go to more games again this year.

Roger Goodell hasn’t been commisioner for 1 year yet and has already suspended 4 players. Tank Johnson and Chris Henry suspended for the first 8 games this season. Pacman Jones suspended for the entire season and now Vick indefinitely.

Monday we find out if the judge even accepts the plea bargain, he doesn’t have to and with the possibility of more indictments against Vick, who knows what will happen

FRIVERS2

I tend to disagree on this issue. For those that said Michael Vick will only get probabtion, forget it. The same thing for those that think Michael Vick will be back on the football field in a year.

Why, the judge is tough, and recent survey results say 80 percent of us in the US love dogs.

Every now and then something happens that transends all our feelings about what is appropriate. The dog killing is one of those.

I suggested Mr. Vick be put in a cage with three Pit Bulls. The response from the best German Shepherd police dog trainer I know was no way. Pit Bulls actually like humans; give me Michael Vick and I will supply a few German Shepherds.

I guess you all get my point; there is something about dogs this country loves, and frankly the Feds caved in. But, the guy will never play in the NFL again.

kooty
    Keymaster

I hope you guys are all right, I’m not disagreeing. I simply will not believe it until I see it first hand. I’m too tainted by the drug dealers, drunk drivers, etc…. of the celebrity world getting off easy. My reason for using Ray Lewis as a comparable example. Celebrity status, got nothing. What about Nicole Richie, one hour in jail. We simply are not on the same playing field as these “stars”. Believe me, I hope I’m so wrong on this one!!!!

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I wonder when/if some of the states are going to start bringing charges against him and the others that were involved with this, I would think if the plea bargain is accepted by the judge that it would only protect him from other federal charges on this matter.

birddog
    Mn.

Quote:

Nope I don\’t think so

NFL suspended Michael Vick indefinitely

Just my opinion he\’ll be back in the NFL one day, hope he doesn\’t make it back, but…

\”Indefinitely\” doesn\’t mean forever.

BIRDDOG

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

This whole thing makes my head spin. It appears like Vick and the others were childhood friends. Vick told them if he made it big he wouldn\’t forget them. He took care of them after he made it into the NFL and they led him astray and then backstabbed him, but I really believe he could have stopped them and worse yet, he participated in these activities. He should have known better, but it seems like in some places dogfighting is common but a college graduate should know better, it may be that the best thing he does for the kids from his own old neighborhood is to let them know that you will pay for violating the law no matter how much money you make

FRIVERS2

I just have this hunch that even though the US Attorney caved in, because Michael Vick faced so many other charges and shoud have been indicted for those, the Judge will be OK, and the NFL has no time for Michael Vick.

As I perhaps said in another post, this incident is so rare, because so many people absolutely love dogs, and frankly could care less about Michael Vick, who probably just lost a $100 million plus contract.

The dog lovers will pervail in this situation.

OK, why, because the majority of us, albeit slim, respect the NFL (despite Ray Lewis)more then the NBA or Major League Baseball. And, the NFL does not what that to change.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Even if this judge whacks him good, I think(don\’t quote me) the appeals system could change this if the judge breaks precedent.

By entering into a plea bargain Vick gives up the right to any appeal of the sentence handed down by the judge. If the judge gives him 5 years… he has no recourse.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

A college graduate… I hope your kidding….

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Part of Vick’s deal is to cooperate with the federal government on other investigations. So he will be getting less than the max penalty but if he can help bring down other dog fighting rings, well that is more important than the length of punishment for a single football player.

kooty
    Keymaster

That\’s great to hear James!!!

How many other NBA/NFL/pro athletes/movie stars are crapping their pants right now that Vick has rolled over??? I bet the list will surprise a bunch of people, if it ever comes out.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

Part of Vick’s deal is to cooperate with the federal government on other investigations.

Not limited to dog fighting.

I\\\’m think now the sentance will not be longer then a year.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Unless the Judge does a 180, he is going to prison for 12-18, if not longer. And I believe I read that in Federal prison you usually serve at least 90% of the sentence.

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

I forgot he left early to enter the NFL draft, he probably majored in basket weaving

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Quote:

I forgot he left early to enter the NFL draft, he probably majored in basket weaving

I doubt he like most high profile atheletes went to many classes.

He must do 85 percent of his time in Federal prison.

love2fish
    Shoreview, Grand Rapids, MN

I read somewhere that Vick will get more than the minimum. The judge he will be standing in front of is known for tough sentences, but more importantly the judge is a big time dog owner.

See ya later Michael Vick

John

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

The first guys who took the deal got sentence on the high end of the sentencing guidelines.

vick’s co-defendants

Hopefully the judge sentences on the high end for Vick too.

FRIVERS2

You are right about this, and your comments regarding the judge. I originally read on my German Shepherd Dog board that this judge was tough.

I heard today Michael Vick will also be charged in State court.

As an aside America loves dogs, at least 80 percent of us do, and this is the first time I have ever seen the NRA and Peta agree on an issue.

Will Michael Vick ever play football again, no way.

My personal RX for Michael Vick cannot be posted on his board, perhaps the board is becoming a bit to lib. But imagine for a minute if the guy would have burned, buried or hanged one of your dogs. Enough said.

My German Shepherd board does allow us to get a bit more opinionated.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.