fl-8 open water transducer?

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Guys I mount my fl-8 in the front of the boat for summer use.Some how my transducer cable was cut in half last week-end#@$&**!!!.Do you think you could splice the broken ends together?Thanks for the help!
    Ryan Hale

TTRIGGER
    Cedar Rapids IA

Ryan, yes you can splice that cable and it will work just great. I have spliced my old unit (luckily new one not need it yet) a hundred times. It got to the point that I ended up just putting a RCA jack (male & female) in the cable. Problem was that my foot would lean on the foot pedal of the bow mounted motor and turn it too far and the cable would only streatch so far till it would come apart at the splice. You know how you can get excited when landing those bigns’ … Anyway it got to the point where I couldn’t keep up with the splicing so figured I’d put a plug on it so It would just pull apart when nessessary. Works great.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Hey Trigger,tried to splice them but the red and white wires are so brittle you can’t do it.Got them pulled back on the top part but they just fall apart on the bottom part,very,very brittle.Thanks for the info!!!
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.