First Annual LOTW’s Labor Day G2G!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

Wigwam Resort, is proud to announce the First Annual Lake of the Woods Labor Day GTG at the fabulous Wigwam Resort in Baudette, MN! This will be taking place on Friday, August 31st through Monday (Labor Day), September 3rd!

Wigwam Resort is beautifully situated on the MN side of Lake of the Woods right at the mouth of the Rainy River. The location offers you the convenience of choosing to fish the hot Walleye/Sauger bite on the main lake, or, if you didn’t get enough in the spring, the Rainy River is currently offering a steady sturgeon bite as well.

Wigwam Resort is offering the IDA members great discounts on lodging and fishing packages! First and foremost, they are offering a 3 night stay and 2 day guided fishing trip for a discounted $225.00 per person!

At that price, there is no need to gas up the truck and boat to haul up there. That is not to mention the fact that you will be guided by one of two guys (Steve or Billy) with fantastic knowledge of the lake and river with all equipment provided!

If you prefer to haul your own craft and run the lake or river on your own, Wigwam is offering a discount on lodging at $35 per person per night! A great savings off of the regular price! A Public Launch is available just around the corner from the resort!

Along with the great fishing and scenery, Wigwam Resort has booked one of the best bands in Northern MN to play on both Friday and Saturday night! The NightHawks will entertain you throughout the night with a great mix of music for everyone!

With Labor Day fast approaching, cabins may be going fast. At current, they have large cabins available for IDA Members to share!

Cabin 10 – Sleeps 11
    Cabin 4 – Sleeps 9
    Cabin 5 – Sleeps 8
    Cabin 7 – Sleeps 6

Wigwam also has smaller family sized cabins available as well as rooms in the main Lodge. So feel free to bring the whole family!!!

This is the Wigwam’s First Annual Labor Day GTG. Come join us for the fishing, the fun, but most importantly, the camaraderie! Like many GTGs, we would like to make this an annual outing for the In-Depth Angling family!!! What better way to end the summer!!!

To place your reservations, call Dani or Judy up at Wigwam Resort at 1-800-448-9260.

Please use this post as the official question and answer thread! Wigwam Resort will monitor this thread and will answer any questions you may have! Also, please post below if you can make it!!!

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Come on y’all… who’s up for an end of the year Walleye/Sturgeon blast!!! I am trying to work the logistics out for myself if I can… Come on!!! Call Wigwam and get your reservations in! From what I heard, gonna be one hell of a band playing on Friday and Saturday night… not to mention the hot Sturgeon bite on the River and Walleye and Saugers on the lake!!! Perfect timing before the Fall Full Moon bite!!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Can’t hardly stay home for that price Dave!

What’s the bite like up there now?

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Well, I talked to Dani the other day… She was going to come on and post some reports and pics. From the sound of it… the Walleye and Saugers are really hot right now out on the lake. Here is a post from Gill-eye from just a few days ago…

August Fishing Action

Word is that the sturgeon are also showing up attached to lines out on the river…

mnfishhunt
    Brooklyn Park, MN

I can’t make it to the G2G but I am thinking about chaseing the sturgon the week before and them leaveing friday, not sure yet if these plans will work out or not, but they hopefully will

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Sounds like fun.

scottsteil
    Central MN

I will be going. My son and I are heading up Friday and staying until Monday. Who else is in? I use to Guide on LOTW in the summer and the fishing in August is excellent!!!!

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

It should be a good time. I was up there for Labor Day weekend last year and we did great. I would jump at this deal, but I will be up there the 24th-27th already. Word from my Uncle last weekend is that the downrigger bite was good, but the blade bite was still on fire for them.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Got the go a head to night from the boss so I am in. If it is anything like this springs trip it should be way to much fun. What can we look forward to as far as fishing? Never fished up there that time of year.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Mike,

From what I hear… the Walleye bite is still consistent… Plan on trolling cranks or blades…(I might even try rigging to slow it down a bit) Again, from what I have heard that seems to be the ticket

NStanley
    Aitkin MN

You can count on me “hangin out”. Will be good to see you guys that I know again, as well as meet a bunch that I don’t. Sounds like a great holiday weekend, see ya there! Nathaniel

scottsteil
    Central MN

Ok who else is going? We all know the Wigwam is a great place to stay and it will be a lot of fun. There will be a nice group of staffers with boats. Between everyone I am sure we will have the fish dialed in no time.

If you don’t have a book, take advantage of the great Charter deal they are offering. So, who is in????

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

Hey guys this is Dani here at Wigwam and yes the fishing has been awesome. We are not having to go very far to get the Walleye. They are going out just north of Pine Island and the Gap for those of you who know the area. They are down riggin and some jiggin.They are fishing in 28-31 feet of water. The lures are Schadrapps for Down riggin and round heads or ball jiggs for those of you who want to jigg. We all here at the Wam can’t wait to see all of you. The weather has been great too..

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

I wish I wasn’t booked for the weekend. This would be a great trip. My wife and I used to go up this time every year. You pike guys can get some decent fish in the river as well.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Here’s another current LOTW’s report by Sand Burr<<

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

BK, does the WigWam still have rooms available??

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Rob,

I think they probably do… but to make sure, give Dani at Wigwam a call! She is on top of it

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Ok boys, time to call up and get locked in before you miss out! Judy is waiting by the phone right now! Should be an excellent road trip.

Cabin 10 is filling up fast – CALL TODAY!!!

-J.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Rob,

I just spoke with Dani. They have 4 cabins available right now… the largest one with room for 11 guys. They also have rooms available in the main lodge (for those that don’t think they can find there way back to the cabins after a heavy night at the bar listening to the awesome band they have booked)!

Don’t wait to make your reservation! IDA members have already been calling up there

To make your reservation or to inquire, call Wigwam at 800-448-9260 or send them an email at [email protected]

And I hear the fishing is heating up

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I don’t think the guys in cabin 10 know how to fish.

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

Hey Brian were you including you in that haha
    Dani

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

My secrets out.

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

Hey guys we do have 3 possibly 4 cabins left and a few rooms in the lodge left. They are going fast so call and get your stay booked. Judy is in the am and Dani in the pm so call us. I just heard today that the sturgeon tourney did ok they caught 12 sturgeon to speak of. It will be great by the time you guys get up here. Me and Judy were talking and it is the Labor day weekend that they really start to bite along with the pikes, walleye and some perch.

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Is there any room left? I just asked myself, and I said I can go!

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

yes we have room left call or email us and we will help you get a room Dani

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

If I wasn’t booked for that weekend, I would be up there.
    Just another one of those great deals I’ll be missing out on because I decided to be a fishing guide.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

All,

I just saw a link on KSTP website for the DNR’s Aug 22nd Fishing Report. Here is what was said about Lake of the woods:

LAKE OF THE WOODS – The

fishing on Lake of the Woods continues to be strong this week. Most of the action has been down rigging in deeper water, from 31-35 feet. Trolling while pulling plugs has also been working very well near the flats. August is known as the trophy walleye month at Lake of the Woods, and that saying holds true again this year with several keepers being caught. The bite on the Rainy River has slowed the last couple days but they are still biting in 16-20 feet of water. Clementson Rapids all the way east to Vita’s Landing has been producing some nice fish. The Northwest Angle and Islands has been giving up some beautiful fish around Oak Island and the rocks around Flag Island. Jigging with a crawler seems to be working the best to hook onto that trophy walleye.

wigwam
    Lake of the Woods, MN

Wow that was a good fishing report but hey you can never believe it till you try it yourself the fishing has been great. can’t wait to see all of you. Dani. For those of you wondering we still have some room left.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.