GPS Chips

• TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

I use both because each has something different to offer. I most often use the Lakemaster but often switch to Navionics because of the lake’s I sometimes fish are not in the Lakemaster. Each has different contour depths as well so it is nice to have both.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I use both Lakemaster and Navionics chips. It depends on what lake/river I am fishing.

ncarlson203

which chip is best for the river, If I see it right the lakemaster has pool 4 and pool 8, do any of the chips have all the pools?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

LakeMaster for me. Because it will zoom in closer than the Nav chip.
    I seldom fish anywhere but Pool 3 & 4 (LakeMaster does not cover P3…. ) Using any chip on the river is sort of hit and miss as the river is always changing.

jhalfen

I own 3 chips (LM WI, LM MN, and Nav) and I use all 3 in different situations. Pool 4 is “surveyed” water on both the Lakemaster and Navionics chips. It is imporant to keep in mind that the river is ever-changing, so the information on the chips should be considered a good guess, but certainly not the bottom line in accuracy. I can think of well over a handful of places on P4 that aren’t even close on my Lakemaster chip….I can say the same for the navionics chip.

As Brian stated, an advantage of the lakemastger chips is that you can zoom in much closer on a Lowrance unit than you can for the Navionics chip.

GNFISN

Like he said “surveyed” lakes are the ones you want . All the hundreds of other lakes on there are for “reference ” only. Look at the lake listings on the websites.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.