Does anyone use Lakemaster??

• jeremy2323

Does anyone have the 07 lakemaster chip?? If so how do you like it, and does anyone know where i can see a list of the lakes it has on it?? i am thinking of buying one!!

Thanks JEremy

ole1855

I’ve got it and I love it. To see a list of lakes, just click on the LakeMaster ad to the left side of the screen. Then click on Digital GPS Maps, then on Lowrance, then on LakeMaster MN Pro Map series, then scroll down to the product lake list.

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

Depends on which mapchip you are talking about… I have the 2007 Lakemaster ProMap for MN. Personally, I think it is the best chip available for MN lakes.

As far as a link to the available lakes… again, depends on what kind of chip you get… easiest way is to look to the left of your screen and see the “Lakemaster” ad… Lakemaster is a sponsor of this site and clicking on that ad will take you directly to their site.

jeremy2323

how does it compare to Navionics, ive used that before, also are all the lakes in a 1 ft contour???? can you tell me if island lake in pine county is in 1 ft??

thanks

KirtH
    Lakeville

I have both and prefer Lakemaster

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Check out the Lakemaster website by clicking on the sidebar banner ad to the left. You’ll find the lakes listed there.

I’ve used them both. Now remember I fish for cats at night and on the river so what I think is important, might not mean anything to you or to the way you fish.

I’m on the Lakemaster band wagon because I can zoom into my waypoint or areas of interest much closer than with Nav. To me that is the number one reason, I run LM.

In full disclosure, I’ve heard that some of the areas tha Nav has mapped are better than LM and visa versa…But I don’t have first hand experiance with this.

centralmneyeguy
    Becker, MN

I’ve got the lakemaster chip and like it a lot. The only thing I wish they would have done is made the contour lines in shallow water a little darker. They are quite a bit lighter than the deep water. Maybe there is a way to change that??

catmando
    wis

DITTO… LAKEMASTER

theodorenugget
    Sugar Land, TX

I was at Gander the other day & was told by the salesman Lakemaster is not 1 foot contours ? Navionics is ? Anyone know ?

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Quote:

I was at Gander the other day & was told by the salesman Lakemaster is not 1 foot contours ? Navionics is ? Anyone know ?

Click here for the LakeMaster lakes.

Quote:

1-Foot High-Definition Lakes in BLUE / 3-Foot High-Definition Lakes in RED / Lowrance Enhanced Lakes in BLACK

Click here for lakes with the Navionics chip.

Jon

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Lakemaster has 1-foot and 3-foot contours on their survey lakes. Other lakes vary. The survey lakes will be listed in red and blue. I’ve got a link to the lake list and other details HERE.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

OK, I will admit I have both, but I like Lakemaster better for the Lakes I fish. Is either one 100% accurate. NO they are not.

However, I did find some thing new this past weekend. When I turn my Lowrance onto night view with the Lake Master Chip, more contour lines show up?????? Anyone have any idea why this is????

jake_p
    St. Louis Park mn

I use both! i use lake master for all the bigger lakes because i find i can zoom in closer and it tends to be more accurate on big lakes, i use navionics for all the smaller lakes taht are not on lake master! it all depends on wat lakes you fish and wat chip they are on!

Surf-N-Turf
    Stevens Point, WI

Anyone using the LM WI Pro Map chip, and how do you like it? Thanks, Gregory

jhalfen

I’m running LM WI and MN, in addition to Navionics. I’ve only had a chance to run the LM on one WI survey lake, and it was great. Navionics actually has one of my usual haunts (Lake Namekagon, Bayfield Cty) as a survey lake (GREAT) while Lakemaster does not (terrible). Also, Navionics has a better map of my home waters, Lake Wissota, which extends into both of the rivers that feed the lake as well as the small lake and the flowage that are connected to the lake….LM is limited to the main body of Lake Wissota.

Bottom line is that I own all 3 chips and will likely keep updating them, as long as new survey lakes are added. Take a look at the lake lists for both chips, and buy the one that make the most sense to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.