MN State Record Shovelnose Sturgeon~ Everts Resort

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

In both cases…of the sturgeon and myself…you are correct Whatsa.

It’s more pointed.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

I saw them too, but I’m pretty sure the fish was caught a couple of weeks ago as the pic was on the baitshop counter when I was up over the weekend of the 16th.

drewsd
    Vermillion, South Dakota

Quote:

I saw them too, but I’m pretty sure the fish was caught a couple of weeks ago as the pic was on the baitshop counter when I was up over the weekend of the 16th.

I also saw the pick in the bait shop that weekend

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Awesome, way to go Nelia.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Quote:

What the…?

That’s it, I’m making a list of all these off the wall records.

I probably caught three or four bigger than that last fall walleye fishing on the Minnesota

That record just might fall this year

Dtro.. I am pretty certain they cant be kept in the MN river. I hve caught/seen some really big ones from the MN river too(caught and released).

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

Quote:

What the…?

That’s it, I’m making a list of all these off the wall records.

I probably caught three or four bigger than that last fall walleye fishing on the Minnesota

That record just might fall this year

Dtro.. I am pretty certain they cant be kept in the MN river. I hve caught/seen some really big ones from the MN river too(caught and released).

I’m such a moron

Now I know why I tossed them back

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

From Neliea Rhose

Quote:

On May 31, 2007 around 7:00 pm I caught a 36 inches long Shovelnose Sturgeon with my 7 foot St. Croix rod, Abu Garcia Record reel, 50 lb Whiplash line and 0/3 Gamakatsu hook full of night crawlers. After weighing at the Everets Resort, my husband and I knew that I had probably caught the MN State Record. The fish was then taken to Joe’s Sporting Goods where their scale certified it at 5 lb 9 oz. The next step was to complete an application at the DNR and have the fish positively identify.The workers at the DNR were very helpful and friendly.
    After a week and a half I received a letter of confirmation from the DNR that I had caught the New MN State Record Shovelnose Sturgeon. WOW! COOL!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Talk about a fish story that will told and told and told…………. That is way to cool!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.