9 Firefighters killed

• farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

If you guys have not seen or heard it, 9 firefighters were killed when a roof collapsed in South Carolina.

I know there are a bunch of firefighters on here. Prayers sent out to some of our own

Link to Story

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Sad sad story prayers sent out to there family and friends..

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

I heard that this morning, and my heart just sank! I have the utmost praise and respect for these smoke eaters. How many jobs do you know of where every time that call comes in you are guaranteed to quite possibly head into a life threatening position for you, a buddy, or a victim?

I know a lot of you guys are fire fighters, and trust me, my hat is off to you guys big time!

My thoughts and prayers go out to those families that will now be changed forever. My grandpa is a retired fire fighter, and those fire halls are a tighter group than most families! They eat, sleep and live together! They are truly closer than most brothers and sisters, and have been dealt a heavy HEAVY blow.

jmiller
    Blaine, MN

Bad deal.

siclone
    W. Lakeland

That’s sad….

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

ULTIMATE respect here for our civil servants (firefighters, police officers, etc)

Prayers to all the firefighters to come home safe

prieser
    Byron, MN

That is just terrible. My heart goes out to each of their families. Terrible.

fish4fish888
    Wahkon,MN

what a tragity, my dad is a retired fire cheif so i spent a lot of my little days with him just hanging around the fire house. i also know how close the fire fighter familys are. this is a very sad deal. my heart goes out to all the family and friends that are now going to have to deal with the loss of a loved one

col._klink
    St Paul

Not good…………….prayers are going out to the family

les_welch

that sucks, prayers on the fly, to all involved. WTA

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

SAD day.
    My father in-law was a fire fighter, now retired) and in one fire he was working he was on the hose and the roof caved. The two in front of him did not make it.

Follmar
    Seattle Washington

I feel for their families
    Wifes good freinds father was a Firefighter he was killed in the line of duty , Good people.

CVFishing
    Eau Claire, WI

Thoughts and prayers go out to the lost brothers’ families, friends, and fellow brothers.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

Not good. Heard this this morning on the way to work. So sucks. These men and women are true unsung hero’s. Prayers out to all those families, and to the community for time to heal.

suckerslayer
    Red Wing, MN

My thoughts are with their families and friends.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.