Thanks, Bill

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Welcome to the team Ted!!!!

jldii

Welcome aboard Ted!

LVD4G3

Ted,

You look good in the picture – with the Yamaha.

Go Yamaha!! – Go Ted!!

Lamarr

gjk1970
    Annandale Mn.

Welcome aboard Ted..

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

It’s about time, WELCOME TED

DMan
    Long Lake IL.

Can’t wait for Ted to start posting articles. He is quite a knowledgeable fisherman to share a day with in the boat.

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Welcome Ted!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Just out of curiousity, did anyone tell Ted he’s on the IDA
    Pro Staff?

dd

ted-merdan

Thanks all for the warm welcome – apologies for being a little tardy in responding.

I was at Devil’s Lake last week for the FLW walleye tour event and received a phone call Friday morning at 3:30AM from my wife that she had started labor so I hit the road just after 4AM and was back home in Champlin by 10 AM. We headed to the hospital around 2PM and welcomed our daughter, Gracyn Marie, at 9:09 PM. She was 6 lbs and 3 oz and was 19.5″ long – a perfect slot!!!

Mom and daughter are doing great and adjusting to life at home. Our yellow labs, Chesney and Zander, are already being very protective of their sister.

Ted Merdan

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Congrats on your new fishing partner Ted!!!

walleye1274
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Congrats Ted!! She is a KEEPER for sure!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

What Great news Ted!

Congrats to you and the Mrs. on the new fishing buddy.

ted-merdan

Wanted to follow-up my first post with some fishing info.

It’s quite an honor for me to join the staff on this website – I have been registered here since the fall of 2001 (9/11/01 to be exact) and was watching it back in the days when it was fishtheriver.com in the late 90’s. I met James Holst for the first time Thanksgiving Day – 2001 when I asked him to take a photo of a pig that I pulled on a three way with a crank – 28.5 inches that was just under 12# – maybe James still has the image electronically. From there I have met some really great folks on this site and have enjoyed sharing info and exchanging tips/techniques and growing my skills.

This is hands-down the best fishing site on the net which is why I am excited to be part of the staff. The list of sponsors that I have chosen to partner with each provides me with (in my opinion) a competitive edge while fishing and I view my association with this website no different!

I run a wrap for Yamaha outboards so when I am in my tournament boat (see pic) I am easy to spot – pull up and introduce yourself and better yet if you have your kids with you, Yamaha provides me with trading cards to hand out and I always have some to give away.

You can usually find me on Mille Lacs during the weekends of the summer or on the Champlin pool of the Mississippi River in my back yard.

The next tour stop is Escanaba, Michigan for the FLW – I will have a report up after that event and it will be fun to compare the fishing to the league championship from last fall.

Thanks again for the warm welcome and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Ted Merdan
    Yellow Lab Outdoor Promotions
    [email protected]
    http://www.tedmerdan.com

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Congrats on the baby Ted! PLEASE tell me you didn’t close her mouth and pinch her tail to get that measurement!!!

jay55447
    Plymouth MN.

She has to be mesured with the “judge” to be legal

Congrats on the little one.

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Welcome to the team Ted! Congrats on the new fishing partner too!

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Quote:

Just out of curiousity, did anyone tell Ted he’s on the IDA Pro Staff?

I’m sorry Ted! I was just being cute…. But not anywhere near as cute as the new baby! Congratulations!

dd

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Congrats Ted on joining the IDA Staff! A bigger congratulations to you and your wife in regard to your beautiful little girl!

P.S. I met you about 5 years ago when I was considering buying your old 1890 Warrior.

ted-merdan

Thanks All!

Grifter – I vaguely remember you as that was a ways back. From the looks of things, it seems you found a boat that catches fish!

I am looking forward to a few good days on the pond this summer, swing by if you see me out there!

ted

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats Ted!!! I didn’t know you guys were expecting.

Hey, don’t buy any clothes, we’ve got a bunch of barely used girl stuff and I need to clean out the garage.

Viewing 22 posts - 31 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.