Looking for some good lakes to fish in Minocqua

• wheel10
    madison, wi

My old fishing buddy is back for a couple of weeks on leave from the NAVY. We will be heading up to the Minocqua area after bass (SM & LM) and Pike next weekend. Any lake suggestions? Either a well known lake or one not so well known. I will have my Lund up there, but will fish out of our canoe if need be for some good fishing. If you don’t mind giving up your honey hole to me but not to everyone and their sister, PM me please. Of course we always catch and release. Thanks for helping a fellow IDA’er out. Tight Lines. Mike

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

If you don’t mind portaging your canoe a couple hundred yards, Pallette lake would be my choice for numbers. It’s a DNR research lake. I haven’t fished it in a few years, but you used to have to stop at the DNR station on Escanaba lake and get a free permit. You then canoe across Escanaba and portage to Pallette. It’s a small lake but it is loaded with bass. There are a bunch of other good smallie lakes, but none that come to mind as quick as Pallette.

wheel10
    madison, wi

Hey thanks for the tip. I found a map of Escanaba. You don’t happen to remeber if the DNR station is on the South end of the lake in a bay do you? I see there is a landing there and was just wondering if that is the same place you get the pass. Thanks again. Mike

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

ma duece:

It is located at the boat landing. Three of the four lakes are all worth fishing for bass and smallies in particular. Escanaba, Nebish and Pallette. Other lakes in the area that have good pops of sm. bass are Squirrel, Big, Trout, Tomahawk. My largest largie came off Minocqua musky fishing. Minocqua also has quality smallie fishing. You also might want to post this on the Wisconsin – General thread as well, you might get some other input.

Mark

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.