Loading chip into Lowrance h20

• phishin4goodys

Is there a trick to loading a MN Lakemaster chip into the h20? I received my chip yesterday from Wayne (thanks wayne) but I’m not sure if it loaded properly. All I did was remove the batteries, put the chip in and replaced the batteries. I thought I read somewhere you have to load it before it can actually be used. When I got to load data, it doesn’t see anything…just says no data or something to that affect. When I go to browse MMC cards, it looks like it’s there. Is it already loaded just by putting the card in?

chappy
    Hastings, MN

You don’t have to load the Lakemaster chip……. It’s Plug and play. Should start right up. Mine does…..

phishin4goodys

Okay, that’s kind of what I thought. Confusing myself with these instructions. It’s definetely loaded correctly, I just searched for Lake Minnetonka and I can see all the depths, etc… Thanks

scottsteil
    Central MN

Your chip is not making good contact with the contact points. Remove the chip and put it back in, restart your H20. If it does not load, remove the batteries and chip again. Eventually it will read the card. After it reads the card, you won’t have that problem again until you remove the chip. It happens to me also. It is not a Lakemaster problem, it is the H20 that has the issue.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Make sure you turn the little locking dial 180-degrees to lock the chip in place.

Hunting4Walleyes
    MN

My H2O was acting up to. Everytime that the H2O was bumped the chip would break it’s connection. I think the locking dial is loosening up with age. I corrected this problem by folding a small piece of paper, and put it between the batteries and chip for that little extra pressure to keep it in place. Not saying this is right, it is a field fix that worked for me. And Scott is right it is a H2O problem not Lakemaster’s chip.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Quote:

Okay, that’s kind of what I thought. Confusing myself with these instructions. It’s definetely loaded correctly, I just searched for Lake Minnetonka and I can see all the depths, etc… Thanks

It sounds like you had it loaded correctly but just hadn’t zoomed in to see the depth contours. Enjoy the new GPS!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.