Pack Rods on vacation

• stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Last year, we went on vacation in Costa Rica, Pacific coast. I thought about packing tackle but decided not to. BIG mistake! I watched locals catching wonderful fish from the surf with hand-lines and wished every day I’d brought stuff with me. Never again… This year, we were lucky and won a trip to Cancun. I spent $29 at Gander on a cheap telescopic rod kit – complete with cheap reel, and spooled with 8lb mono. It came in it’s own little tackle box – cute!

I picked a bunch of jigs, plastic and Gulp, a couple of Kastmasters and a few other odds and ends. I went out and fished from shore and knee deep several times and caught a number of really neat fish. Point is: Fishing tackle, Don’t leave home without it!!!

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Spanish Mackerel. I’ve never seen cheap 8lb line leave the spool of a cheap reel so fast in my life. Man they are fast!

mark winkels

Looks like you had fun! The rod never leaves the car. You never know when you might have a minute to get a line wet! My wife mentions vacation and I ask about the fishing drives her nuts.

krisko
    Durand, WI

Ahhh if you could have made a cane pole work it is all good. Neat Pics too…you look a little ummmmm red

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.