Insurance

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

anyone out here do auto insurance, 2 trailblazers, and also looking at prices for insuring my boat. for possible switch from current insurance. PM me.

thanks

Broncs

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Not sure if you are looking for home owner’s also. If so, DO NOT go with Allstate.

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I’ve been really happy with Amica, they’ve been good to me, rate wise and claim wise. 1-800-242-6422, Really good prices, and service, but they don’t do boats. There is a prostaffer here that does insurance too. Maybe he’ll pm you.

flatfish
    Rochester, MN

I just insured a ’93 javelin with a 175 johnson, + 5K worth of tackle, etc, 204$ a year with my American family agent. I don’t know if this good or bad, but I went with it.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

I switched from Farmers to Amica 2 months ago and I have a 2001 Tahoe & 97 Silverado with full coverage on both. My premium went from nearly $1600 to $720 for the year. Homeowners is pretty mush a wash and they do have boat coverage contrary to what Nick said. $200 a year You can also have your premiun taken directly out of checking in 10 equal monthly payments at no extra cost. Kind of nice.

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Quote:

I switched from Farmers to Amica 2 months ago and I have a 2001 Tahoe & 97 Silverado with full coverage on both. My premium went from nearly $1600 to $720 for the year.

I find this hard to believe, make sure whomever you go with that they are comparing apples to apples in regards to the policy. There can be a lot of manipulation in insurance plus cheating. If your records are clean most companies will be very competitive amongst one another. BTW, in the Twin Cities FIG is very competitive amongst the competition.

hookem
    Hastings,Minn.

Quote:

I switched from Farmers to Amica 2 months ago and I have a 2001 Tahoe & 97 Silverado with full coverage on both. My premium went from nearly $1600 to $720 for the year.

I know this doesn’t seem possible but the coverage is equal to or better than I had with Farmers. I am very cautious when it comes to things like this and I would’t have switched if I didn’t feel comfortable with it. I guess if I have to file a claim in the future that will be the true test. They have received the J.D. Power Award for customer satisfaction for the last 6-7 years so they must be doing something right.

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

Most of the big name companies are all good and each has a niche. Depending upon loss ratio’s one company may appear to be far superior than another in targeted segments of the business as evidence by your example. Just be very cautious when comparing policies. It is also good to note that maybe in the cities AmFam is not competitive and they realized the rates needed to come down. However, in a totally different county/zone the rates could be entirely different. Insurance is as much geography as it is price. For those that are still searching, keep that in mind. With all companies, you get what you inspect, not what you expect… Mike

perch_44
    One step ahead of the Warden.

i switched from Farmers to American Family last spring, and saved approximately $60/month on 99 accord, 03 silverado, homeowners, and 2 boats. my vehicle insurance went down about 15-20/month per vehicle, but my coverage went up, and deductable lowered….. i’m not gonna argue though!

LazyEyez
    Arcadia, WI

American Family is the last of the major Insurance Companies to involve credit scoring into their rate structure. This will happen sometime during the summer. For those with low credit scores your premiums will go substantially up. Good luck

chomps
    Sioux City IA

they already have begun implementing this criteria into their insurance scores, at renewal. Even if you have an 800 credit score doesn’t mean you will get their best rates.

krisko
    Durand, WI

All of my vehicles and boat are through Prgressive. 06 Dakota 4×4 QuadCab, 05 Caravan and 06 Lund Explorer, 06 F75 Yammy…$1115 every year for insurance…I didn’t think this was bad at all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.